#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

I am a massive Hurley fan, but fear Woosha has made him play an aggressive role that leaves him exposed at times. His role could only work effectively if others could help out. I had no problem with this last year, his attack out weighed what we lost in defense.

But with Hooker missing and Frances coming along. I think he needs to become more accountable and take the best fwd. This will re-leave some pressure on Harley or Ambro’s (depending on who we play). I really hope Hurley can play the role like he did on Buddy last year. And that Ambro and Harts can play some good footy.

We need Franga on the 3rd tall fwd so he can use his main assets as often as possible.

Ridley must be in the team IMHO, but he is another that has attacking flair, yet lacks a fair bit in defense. You cant have to many of that type in our backline. Id like to see him play wing. If we are not playing Parish as an inside mid id drop him and play Ridley on the wing.

I like Parish but we have enough short mids and he has shown little anywhere else.

1 Like

I bet* Francis bobs up at FF on Sunday. He will (and should) spend most time back as 3rd tall/MrInterceptalot, but he is a great option to be swung forward for the odd spell. We haven’t really seen Francis play as a forward while fit… Maybe half a quarter here and there in the VFL early last year?

*A Chinese-style watercolour of Kevin Sheedy cradling a otter, by artist Fin Ding Ni Mo

1 Like

No i reckon brown will go chf and Francis in defence
But i would love to see the coach mix it up a bit and throw Francis forward albeit for a quater or so

2 Likes

I’d like to see him get settled in defence and only swing him forward when desperate.

2 Likes

Fixed

2 Likes

It’s good to have these options when you need to try something. It’s going to be exciting to see where Francis takes his career.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t mean Adelaide.

2 Likes

He used the term ‘exciting ‘
Pretty much takes Adelaide out of the equation

7 Likes

BEAAAASSSTTT

Cannot be beaten 1 v 1 in the air or on the ground

I for one, love his mission impossible kicks, better than the cowardball kicks to the back pocket

8 Likes

few dumb kicks but one of our few positives from yesterday. Love his attack on the footy. Would be a beast in a good side.

Seriously should consider him in the guts when a few of our defenders get back. Just sweep up across the middle of the ground and 15 clearances.

2 Likes

I really hope we sign him up quick or we’ll lose him if things don’t get better

You mean when the game is over, and we are seeking a cheap goal to make it an honerable loss?

We would do no such thing.

He has impressed with his defensive skills.

I think he would be better value to the team playing the “Goddard role” as opposed to an accountable third tall, hopefully, Hooker returns and Hurley can become the 3rd allowing Francis to play the loose intercept/rebounding role.

Would love to see this. Agree though we might have to wait for Hooker and one of Gleeson or Redman for that to happen though.

Would have lost by far more without Francis yesterday. Was huge for us down back. Another great game to add to his list.

Hell yes. We have literally nothing to lose by developing him in the middle.

Could be our version of Cripps…

Do it Rutten or whomever is nominated as interim coach after round 5.

1 Like

He even convinced Hurley and Ambrose to take marks above their head! That’s leadership.

8 Likes

Shining light. I’d throw him forward