#10 St Francis de Agressi - up to 2021 round 2

Probably the best player in the draft. Looks super.

Wat.

PROBABLY THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT. LOOKS SUPER.

Oh, that’s why three clubs passed on him.

Okay.

When was the last time Pick 1 was the best player in the draft…Riewolt?

Even hodge had to deal with Judd at 3.

Goddard and probably Cooney.

Jobe was in Goddards draft

Stanton and Mundy in Cooneys draft

Both crap drafts really…we came out of it quite well.

I know who was taken in what draft.

Oooohhhh, so then you just don’t know what your talking about!

Sure, fine.

I have some inside info to share with you.

As some of you may know, the Dees were seriously considering picking Francis with pick 3, and whilst they favoured Oliver, they scheduled a meeting with Francis just before the draft to give him an opportunity to change their minds.

Apparently Francis sabotaged the meeting on purpose, such was his desire to join the Dons.

How do I know this?

My connections gave me the transcript of the interview:

Melbourne Recruiter: So, what would you say is your best attribute?

Francis: I get to sleep very easily. 15 hours a night.

Melbourne Recruiter: We hear you have some endurance issues. What are you doing about it?

Francis: I’ve been very proactive. I got myself a running coach.

Melbourne Recruiter: That’s great! Who is your coach?

Francis: Relton Roberts

Melbourne Recruiter: To succeed, you need passion for the game. Do you have passion for the game?

Francis: Definitely … yeah, um, sure … sometimes …

Melbourne Recruiter: What do you like most about AFL?

Francis: I’m a big fan of the 3 strike system.

Melbourne Recruiter: There is some talk that if we select you that you would be a flight risk. Is this true?

Francis: Not yet. But I am working on beating Boony’s record.

Melbourne Recruiter: What would you say has been your greatest achievement so far?

Francis: The other day I got pulled over by the cops and blew .04

Melbourne Recruiter: You have been likened to Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and Brendon Goddard. Which player is a good comparison to how you play?

Francis: Because I can play lots of different roles, I wouldn’t say there is one player. I feel I have the courage of Jimmy Toumpas, the competitiveness of Lucas Cook, the consistency of Sam Blease, the durability of Luke Tapscott and the precision kicking skills of Cale Morton.

Melbourne Recruiter: What current Melbourne player do you most want to emulate?

Francis: Dean Terlich

Melbourne Recruiter:
What benefit would drafting you have on our organisation?

Francis: It would take a lot of the focus off Jack Watts.

Melbourne Recruiter: Well, that’s about it. Thanks for meeting us on such short notice Aaron!

Francis: No problem. You wouldn’t happen to have a light on you, would you?

Francis is the Carlisle pick How great would it be for Francis to be the star of the competition just to make StKilda feel even worse than with the Lovett trade?

Its possible for players to get fitter. Francis will be fine in that regard.
It's also not a given either, just like any of the other traits or attributes. If all these flaws in players were so easy to fix, we'd have a comp full of fit, fast non stop running machines who can hit a target blindfolded facing backwards from 50 meters away.

There are plently of players who don’t get over their shortcomings from u18 levels. That is not a statement on francis or anyone, it’s just some players improve, some don’t across all areas, it should never be granted as a given that it “will” happen like some get carried away with around here, and i guess most supporters of clubs as well.

from the highlights reels I always thought he looked like a slighlty smaller version of Hurley, esp with ability to read the play and his intercept marking.
Reckon if he could play that 3rd/4th medium tall role that’d be very good. In an ideal world I’d see him taking over hibberd spot within 2-3 years.

Always wondered what Hurley would be like being able to play on a medium sized forward and use his attacking skills more, this way we may well find out without losing out on Hurleys ability to take a top forward.

I have some inside info to share with you.

As some of you may know, the Dees were seriously considering picking Francis with pick 3, and whilst they favoured Oliver, they scheduled a meeting with Francis just before the draft to give him an opportunity to change their minds.

Apparently Francis sabotaged the meeting on purpose, such was his desire to join the Dons.

How do I know this?

My connections gave me the transcript of the interview:

Melbourne Recruiter: So, what would you say is your best attribute?

Francis: I get to sleep very easily. 15 hours a night.

Melbourne Recruiter: We hear you have some endurance issues. What are you doing about it?

Francis: I’ve been very proactive. I got myself a running coach.

Melbourne Recruiter: That’s great! Who is your coach?

Francis: Relton Roberts

Melbourne Recruiter: To succeed, you need passion for the game. Do you have passion for the game?

Francis: Definitely … yeah, um, sure … sometimes …

Melbourne Recruiter: What do you like most about AFL?

Francis: I’m a big fan of the 3 strike system.

Melbourne Recruiter: There is some talk that if we select you that you would be a flight risk. Is this true?

Francis: Not yet. But I am working on beating Boony’s record.

Melbourne Recruiter: What would you say has been your greatest achievement so far?

Francis: The other day I got pulled over by the cops and blew .04

Melbourne Recruiter: You have been likened to Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and Brendon Goddard. Which player is a good comparison to how you play?

Francis: Because I can play lots of different roles, I wouldn’t say there is one player. I feel I have the courage of Jimmy Toumpas, the competitiveness of Lucas Cook, the consistency of Sam Blease, the durability of Luke Tapscott and the precision kicking skills of Cale Morton.

Melbourne Recruiter: What current Melbourne player do you most want to emulate?

Francis: Dean Terlich

Melbourne Recruiter:
What benefit would drafting you have on our organisation?

Francis: It would take a lot of the focus off Jack Watts.

Melbourne Recruiter: Well, that’s about it. Thanks for meeting us on such short notice Aaron!

Francis: No problem. You wouldn’t happen to have a light on you, would you?

Very smart, the ol’ ‘be prepared’, just going on his highlights, ‘be prepared’ comes across on the field also.

Didn’t really mind who else we picked up, however really wanted Francis and we got him.

Welcome to Essendon Aaron.

M. Brown replaces Carlisle, and Francis is the cherry that ends up bigger than the cake

Oh no, people are already plotting the course of his career.

Stop it for God’s sake.

aaroooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn francis

werewolves of london

Heh. I read it like that too.

when in doubt make a daft comment.
thats my motto.

Dodoro said on Bomber TV that Francis measured 191cm at the Draft Combine, but has already grown to 193cm. Looks like he could be more of a KP option than originally envisaged.

And the club would NEVER fib about player heights, would they?

(I still remember the year Atkinson ‘grew’ from 188cm to 194cm on the official page in the course of a single off-season when the club were talking him up as a potential tall defender, then shrunk back down again after a few preseason games when it became painfully apparent he was rubbish in the position)

Dodoro said on Bomber TV that Francis measured 191cm at the Draft Combine, but has already grown to 193cm. Looks like he could be more of a KP option than originally envisaged.
Wore heels to his date with Disco. He's got sass but you'll need more than that to tie down ole Jackets Discodoro
I think we will probably throw him around for a few years and try to make him something he is not to fix a list in-balance and then realise he is third tall defender.....

…a year too late and by then he would have signed with the saints

can we get pick 5 for him pls?

I get the impression that Francis is a player that you can play in a different position every week or even ever quarter depending on the circumstances of the game, opposition and stratedgy.
Will be our problem fixer ala Hodge.

(I still remember the year Atkinson ‘grew’ from 188cm to 194cm on the official page in the course of a single off-season when the club were talking him up as a potential tall defender, then shrunk back down again after a few preseason games when it became painfully apparent he was rubbish in the position)

Ha.

(if he’d happened to grow 2 cm since draft camp we could lock in a 2016 long term injury list now I reckon!)

Or the time Crameri went from 186cm or so (when playing as a flanker/mid) to 191-2cm or so and then quickly down to ~188cm when they realised he could legit play as an undersized FF and they didn’t need to stretch the truth so much.

Or the time Crameri went from 186cm or so (when playing as a flanker/mid) to 191-2cm or so and then quickly down to ~188cm when they realised he could legit play as an undersized FF and they didn't need to stretch the truth so much.
he must have been a nightmare when mum was trying to measure his height on the kitchen wall
Or the time Crameri went from 186cm or so (when playing as a flanker/mid) to 191-2cm or so and then quickly down to ~188cm when they realised he could legit play as an undersized FF and they didn't need to stretch the truth so much.
he must have been a nightmare when mum was trying to measure his height on the kitchen wall
If I'm not mistaken, some poster on here was always adamant he is over 190 and 90kgs. She probably wouldn't know though.

Not enough endurance…pffffttt. Give it a spell.

Hurley was criticized in his draft year as being ‘too slow’ and wouldn’t be able to run with key forwards. Look how that turned out, he constantly chases down and makes spoils from behind. But because of the criticism he learnt how to cut angles and read the footy better.

It’s all relative anyway, much prefer we draft gun footballers than gun athletes.

If I'm not mistaken, some poster on here was always adamant he is over 190 and 90kgs. She probably wouldn't know though.

would that be she who art held kitchen marker pen

To be fair it would have been pretty deflating.