#11 David Zaharakis - Surviving full-Ironmans

Love Island?

That’ll be all AwFuL matches, soon enough.

Survivor

Fear Factor? Had to face his greatest fear of winning a hard ball?

9 Likes

He will feature on Aristos the Chef.

1 Like

His greatest fear was infamously needles

1 Like

I hope it’s not The Bachelor or some ■■■■ like that. I don’t want to be forced to watch something just because Zakka’s on it.

David Zaharakis Bundoora Northern Football League, Survivor reality TV show | Herald Sun

Bundoora expects to be without star ex-AFL recruit David Zaharakis for the rest of the season.

The Essendon best-and-fairest winner is set to take a reality TV opportunity with filming to begin as early as next week.

Zaharakis has signed a non-disclosure form, meaning he can’t tell his teammates where he’s going or what program he’ll appear on.

Ex-AFL players have made a string of recent appearances on the likes of Survivor, I’m a Celebrity Australia, Celebrity Masterchef and Big Brother.

The Round 14 win over Macleod will be his last appearance, missing Saturday’s clash against Greensborough and likely the Bulls’ NFL Division 1 premiership charge.

Amy Pejkovic and David Zaharakis at the Dr Strange premiere.

Amy Pejkovic and David Zaharakis at the Dr Strange premiere.

It’s a big blow to Bundoora’s flag hopes with Zaharakis playing a key role in the club’s 10-4 campaign.

Coach Michael Ryan recognised it was too big an opportunity to let go.

“I suppose it’s open-ended, we’re not sure when he’ll come back or if he’ll come back,” Ryan said.

“We caught up and had a coffee and he explained the opportunity and I suppose it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“It pulled at him a little bit in terms of his commitments to Bundoora but in the end it’s an opportunity he has to take.

The Local Footy Podcast

Coaching merry-go-round begins

“It will give him a foot in the door and being able to get future work down the track, so hopefully it leads to greater opportunities down the road for him.

“While it hurts from an on- and off-field perspective with everything he adds, we totally respect his decision as well.”

The search for a replacement will now begin with Ryan forecasting some experimentation.

Bundoora will be boosted by the return to pacy Richmond VFL-listed wingman Jackson Bowne on Saturday, barring state league selection.

The Bulls reserve grade team sits second on the ladder with a 12-2 record.

Jackson Bowne in action for Bundoora. Picture: Hamish Blair

Jackson Bowne in action for Bundoora. Picture: Hamish Blair

“The great thing is we’ve got great depth at the club at the moment,” Ryan said.

“The ressies are going really well and some guys that have been out with injury and missed a portion of footy will get an opportunity to come back in.

“We’ll play around with the side a little bit to fill David’s wing role and we’ve had Bailey Thompson out for the past four weeks as well so we’ve had to fill his place.”

There are just four matches left in the NFL Division 1 home-and-away season with Bundoora to face Greensborough, Montmorency, Northcote Park and North Heidelberg in the run home.

The Bulls are all-but certain to play a qualifying final against Montmorency at Preston City Oval on August 27-28.

The winner will then play Heidelberg for a place in the grand final.

Ryan knows winning form should not be taken for granted.

“You definitely can’t get complacent, we’ve got to make sure winning is a habit,” he said.

“There’ll be no managing of players or playing around with the side purely because you have some comfort.

“We need to make sure we keep ticking boxes and beating sides around us so we have strong momentum when finals opportunities present.”

Greensborough will likely be without Matthew Kreuzer after an impressive debut against North Heidelberg last week.

The star big man is a part of Carlton’s AFL coaching staff and the Blues travel to Adelaide to face the Crows on Saturday night.

5 Likes

Well, I guess it won’t be the Bachelor at least, going by that photo.

Thanks @Speedy_Gonzales

1 Like

Zakka’s Diary finally got syndicated?

2 Likes

Given the number of whipping boy list purge witch hunts he survived on Blitz over the years, he will go well if he is on Survivor.

11 Likes

It almost sounds like he’s hosting rather than competing, if he’s looking at this as a career move. I mean, when i hear ‘once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’, i don’t think ‘competitor on The Block’.

4 Likes

Yes, but if you’re popular, you might get asked to go on another show, like Ronny from the Block, who then went on Celebrity Apprentice (except he came across as a bit of an ■■■■■■■■).
If he does well on whatever show he’s on, he might get a gig on TV or radio.
He used to have a podcast for a while. Maybe he just wants to build his profile.

1 Like

I love Survivor but it’s got a few quirks that make it hard for famous people; they tend to be targeted early on. Gavin Wanganeen was in it recently and got voted out early when the competitors realised what a threat he could be. It’s better to fly under the radar for a bit.

Yep, Gav didn’t do much wrong and he was in the top group (of the time). Got knocked off strategically, not personally.

He wasn’t even the overt physical threat at the time, though you could definitely see how much he hated any loss.

1 Like

Channel 10 has a new show coming up called The Real Life Love Boat. Basically singles on a ship. They’d definitely be looking for a celebrity hook to get viewers to that.

*Zakka’s Diaries

Don’t want to be limiting it to one season, need to see how the sweet upgrades go on the VL.

That’s funny.

I don’t think Zaka was as soft as people make out, but that has tickled my funny bone.

1 Like

I thought I read in another forum it will be ‘I’m a celebrity get me outta here’