#12 Mark Baguley

Coming along nicely. Hope there is further improvement in 2014. Back line looking good.

Coming on nicely, and doing his job. Doesn't get towelled up too often, which is about all you can ask from your small defender.

spot on, keeps mistakes to a minimum. Very tough.

It is great to finally have a shut down defender who can shut down the opposition small forwards.

It is great to finally have a shut down defender who can shut down the opposition small forwards.

....and is not bad on the attack either.

His big improvement in 2013 is his overhead contested marking. What’s not to like about Bags.

It's not that he's just a stopper, knew what to do under pressure with and also without the pill. Had some really clean possessions, looked classy.

Hardest bloke in the side. 

Hocking says hi.

What I love about Baguley is that he's a no-nonsense player; he knows what he can do and what he can't do and he plays within his own abilities.  He seems a much more focused player these days.

Slatts MK II has exceeded the low expectations of the "must have a whipping boy" set of nuff-nuffs.

This pleases me.

#46 ??

Maybe it's time to update the title of this thread. Baguley is one bloke I wouldn't want to upset…

best 22. 

Hocking says hi.

Pig, Melk and Chappy also send their greetings.

Good problem to have though.

Hocking says hi.

Love the bit last night, Hocking running into the forward 50, Murphy charges at him, bounces off Hocking who looks like he barely notices someone touched him, sets up a goal while Murphy is rolling around on the ground doing his best to make Squibbs look tough!!

Have lacked true lockdown small backs since the heyday of MJ and McVeigh in the mid 2000s. Now we've got both Pig and Bags who are also very good offensively as well.

best 22.

Yep and has now played 30 games. I expect Bags to be a lock for another 5 years at least

Love to see him on Balantyne next week.

Love to see him on Balantyne next week.

I'll be on Glenfiddich probably, so why not?

We should only recruit medium sized defenders from frankston for now on, they are tough as nails.

CAN PLAY.

Tough as nails has no regard for his personal safety big ups on his year and hope he finds another level next year.

Good news, he has.

You can now add poise, better awareness/decision making, even a slightly extra bit of zip to his arsenal.

A former C grader, that has gone to B and pushing A.

The small back we were all screaming for a few years ago.

Another small piece to the premiership puzzle has been filled.