#12 Mark Baguley

Didn’t he smash Rioli round 1 last year?

That was my recollection, as well winning some vital contests when the game was in the balance in the last quarter.

1 Like

I’m really hoping McNiece was ill or unfit. If he was simply omitted that’s baffling.

1 Like

I’m far from sold on Mcniece. It’s way too early to tell if he’ll make it as an AFL player. I hope he does but he’s 25 and played 2 AFL games. I can’t see him as being anything above a role player and he might not even make that.

One thing is for sure. The best way to find out is to not play him.

3 Likes

He’s not best 22 at this point unless there are injuries. If he plays well enough in the VFL or there are injuries he’ll get a go.

1 Like

I miss the days when he used to be a gun

Bags was good last year. Settle guys

3 Likes

AFL Prospectus on Bags: Conceded 40 goals (5th most in AFL), lost 33% of one-on-one contests (42nd of top 50 defenders to be involved in one-on-ones). Also had career lows for disposals and meters gained.

I don’t think he had much of a year in 2017.

8 Likes

I agree, it seems some view Bags through rose-coloured glasses.

Aaaaahhhh so the reverse reverse Coleman. The devils Coleman.

Righto, carry on. He’d want to improve.

1 Like

Dude was suffering from mad whiplash last year. For the best he didn’t play. Might’ve broken his neck on field.

Of course he’s not 22 because he was injured all last season and didn’t play yesterday. No idea why.

Agreed. I didn’t see him get near it yesterday.

Where is all the love for McNiece coming from? I think it comes from wish-full thinking rather than be grounded in fact. He has played 2 games and he hardly set the ground alight. More just glimpses of potential
He has shown nothing that he could be remotely ready to replace Bags.

2 Likes

The biggest issue yesterday was Baguley’s decision-making - On a few occasions bit off more than he can chew - Would like to see McNiece play in JLT 2.

1 Like

Of course. What I’m trying to say is that he’s 25 years old with very few runs on the board (for various reasons). He was initially rookied and not fully on a senior list.
From my side he looks ok but that’s it. I reckon we just need to be realistic with expectations.

Realistic with expectations?! This is Bomberblitz where half the audience had Francis best 22 round 1!

2 Likes

You’re either an AA Elite or a spuddly waste of space in Blitz eyes.

5 Likes

You’re right in that he’s only played 2 games of senior footy. The love is coming from his vfl performances, his training standards, his elite foot skills, his ability to lock down small forwards and lastly, but most importantly, he’s basically our only other option.

1 Like