#12 Mark Baguley

I know right, why aren’t they at least playing him out of position

2 Likes

It was mentioned recently in an interview with a player(can’t remember who) that they wan’t to stop turning it over coming out of defence because poor old Bags was continually getting exposed one on one with his opponent.

It’s no surprise to regularly see Bags being smashed deep in defensive 50 because he’s more often than not the only one back there and has to try to cover a man that has miles of room to operate in.

4 Likes

I think it’s worth mentioning that opinions of Baguley were at best luke warm after his 7 games at the back end of his season on the rookie list. People were baffled that he was promoted.

I think McNiece has shown a bit. I want to see more.

1 Like

Me for one.
Has courage and determination in spades but sometimes that isn’t enough. Has lost a yard of pace and some of his mobility and agility which is to be expected. Think we are in trouble if he plays more than a handful of games

It’s not my memory that people were lukewarm about Baguley’s performances in his first seven games - Memory is their was divided opinion as to whether he was confirmed AFL level - The surprise was not keeping him on the rookie list.

Most people saw nothing in him. Of course this was also when the team was broken and had physically packed it in during the Weapon’s stint and he came into a backline under siege.

I must have been in the minority - Remember posting after three games that IMO he was AFL standard - Though he’s turned out a bit better than expected.

Ah, Mark Baguley. Definitely one I got wrong.

I could not believe he was elevated.

I thought he negatively impacted any contest he got near, and was better off just staying away from it.

Then he came good.

His time will come. It may be now, or not. But I won’t be writing him off again.

Certainly a guy who has gotten everything possible out of his talent, and for that he gets my respect and admiration.

8 Likes

Would love to see that stat adjusted for inside 50s conceded by the team too.

1 Like

The kind of stat that means next to nothing. Or anything you want it to mean.

2 Likes

Do go on…

2 Likes

Awww yea nah yea nah

1 Like

:confused:

We haven’t even played a game yet.

Forward or back?

7 Likes

I don’t undertand why people aren’t bagging the crap out of him and Daniher for their unadulterated joy at that goal.

4 Likes

Played good and nice to see him celebrate his 4th goal ever.

4 Likes

I bet those monsters even laughed after the game in the carpark.

2 Likes

Glad he didn’t react when that port flog took a swing at him. Just hard as nails as always. Very good game by bags.

5 Likes

This guy was probably one of the very few let downs today for mine.

That down the field free for the hit on Marshall when he had just hit Hartley lace out and our midfield had gotten back to our number the Port forwardline 3-1 was horrid.

That centering kick into the middle for Guelfi? In the 3rd or 4th quarter that led to an incredibly easy goal to Port.

Plus a few other incidents of poor play.

Que for me to be shouted down and be called “bias” in 3, 2, 1…

2 Likes