#12 Stewart Camry

Unless we get get the Doggies first draft pick plus extras, then tell them to get stuffed, and let Crameri go to GWS, Melbourne or St Kilda in the draft. 

Love the guy and want him to stay, but he needs to take a long look in the mirror and decide if he is worth a bagful of money yet. Yep, it is all about money.

And just how did you come to that conclusion?  Its all about money?  You are looking at a very small part of the puzzle.

how much coin did we offer hurley again? was 5 years wasn't ....... (shakes head)

That was an absolute act of desperation out of fear of him going else where.  Honestly what has he done?????

Crameri does owe Essendon. To say "we gave him a chance" is said too often in these situations, but it's true in this case. Bombers job is to convince him to stay (and tell the Dogs as such) unless the Dogs play ball on a fair trade. That will put pressure on Dogs to make a deal or lose their man. They want him.
Personally I'm a Crameri fan and would be sad to see him go.

I'm ambivalent about Crameri. Have seen aspects of his game that don't convince me EFC can't cover his departure.

Are you serious?   Who will we cover him with?  Gumbleton?   We haven't got anyone like him capable of doing what he's done mostly without support on one leg. 

Crameri does owe Essendon. To say "we gave him a chance" is said too often in these situations, but it's true in this case. Bombers job is to convince him to stay (and tell the Dogs as such) unless the Dogs play ball on a fair trade. That will put pressure on Dogs to make a deal or lose their man. They want him.

Absolute BS. You want to claim that he owes us, then you have to say that all the players that we signed on who never made it deserve to become indentured servants - after all, we put all that money into training them and they never once repaid us on the field. They should be made to wash dishes and pick cotton until they've repaid the costs we outlayed on their failed training.
Crameri has repaid us on the field more than enough.

Settle Zebba. Crameri was plucked from obscurity rather than someone who would have got picked up (I.e. draft) by someone. That's what I meant. Yes technically no one owes anyone anything, really just depends on your point of view.

Absolute BS. You want to claim that he owes us, then you have to say that all the players that we signed on who never made it deserve to become indentured servants - after all, we put all that money into training them and they never once repaid us on the field. They should be made to wash dishes and pick cotton until they've repaid the costs we outlayed on their failed training.

Settle Zebba. Crameri was plucked from obscurity rather than someone who would have got picked up (I.e. draft) by someone. That's what I meant. Yes technically no one owes anyone anything, really just depends on your point of view.

Plucked from obscurity meaning we knew we were taking a risk and were prepared to cop a loss. He owes us nothing.

now the media have locked into that we dont want to give away stewie for nothing , causing another crap stir ...tacking on the what ifs .." what if players can get to walk "  "what if infractions" etc etc

so if the dogs have flat out offered us pick 22 for him , and we dont think thats good enough , well so be it

do we start touching our toes because of "what ifs" or do we act like its a normal season and get the best for a player the club offered a 3 year deal to .

i'm glad we're getting the laconic definitions sorted out before we get to paddy this year.

Plucked from obscurity meaning we knew we were taking a risk and were prepared to cop a loss. He owes us nothing.
I take it then you'd be fine about him walking via pre season draft then.

how much coin did we offer hurley again? was 5 years wasn't ....... (shakes head)

That was an absolute act of desperation out of fear of him going else where.  Honestly what has he done?????

That's very unfair. It's everyone in the footy world that put pressure on him being the next Carey or Riewoldt. He has been ok in his career thus far. He has been injury prone which has impacted his development. He will be a great player for us, he is still young, oh our forward line functions better with him in it, watch the games without him there it is very notable.

Didn’t get a full preseason.

If he gets what he’s being offered by the Doggies then good luck to him. If he wants out then let him go. After the season we’ve just had we need everyone putting in and pulling in the same direction. One for all and all that.
Bit peed off about doing deals with the Doggies though. Their Prez was very vocal about us before we swallowed and took the deal. Then again I suppose that’s why he’s a dog.

now the media have locked into that we dont want to give away stewie for nothing , causing another crap stir ...tacking on the what ifs .." what if players can get to walk " "what if infractions" etc etc
so if the dogs have flat out offered us pick 22 for him , and we dont think thats good enough , well so be it
do we start touching our toes because of "what ifs" or do we act like its a normal season and get the best for a player the club offered a 3 year deal to .

TBH, Pick 22 is pretty acceptable if the Dogs throw a player in as well. Particularly a young one.
Thought he had a solid year. Nothing more, nothing less. The gap between his best game and worst game desperately needs to decrease. With a little more consistency, I think he's capable of a 60-70 goal season. Would hate to see him go.

I take it then you'd be fine about him walking via pre season draft then.

If what you are alluding to is his Manager using "we can walk clause" that has not even been mentioned, NOT ONCE.  If the EFC,  DO NOT delibrately stop putting obsticles in the way of a trade when they could have made the deal weeks ago as none of this is new, news. but; for what ever reason, slacked off on the idea and have lost their fish.  Bad luck,  EFC;  Governance issues again this time in the drafting department. Oh please, the guy wants to leave let him go without all the drama.

There is no chance we would get a top 10 pick.

We will get their second round pick or he walks for nothing. The Dogs wont be giving up any young talent

I think your spot on. Unless we swallow some pride here and try and get a reasonable deal done with the Dogs, we'll get nothing since he is "determined" to find a new club and the clubs with the early picks all could make claims for him. Maybe a second or third round pick and a player like Talia.

The way Essendon are behaving, no wonder a player is determined to leave.  Grow up Essendon.

ESSENDON forward Stewart Crameri has told the Bombers he wants to be traded to the Western Bulldogs on a four-year deal.

But the Dons are determined to hang onto Crameri and have told him they are not prepared to trade him under any circumstances.
It will set up weeks of intense haggling between the clubs, which could see Crameri forced into the pre-season draft to get to the Dogs.
The Dogs have an early pick and ample salary cap room, but might have to give up a late first-round or early second-round pick to get their man.
Crameri had met with Essendon on Monday to discuss his prospects, but told the Dons he would accept a Dogs offer believed to be $1,8 million over four seasons tonight.
He is in hospital after having ankle surgery, but is determined to move to a new club.
The 25-year-old is Essendon‘s leading forward when injury-free despite the inclusion of Joe Daniher this year and the lofty reputation of Michael Hurley.

infractions ralph having a small ping at hurls and first year player joe ?

I found that interesting - that he is determined to move to another club.... That makes it sound like it's not just about money or length of contract.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

I'm ambivalent about Crameri. Have seen aspects of his game that don't convince me EFC can't cover his departure.

Don't tell me Hurley can fill the gap because he hasn't been able to.  Gumby I don't this so.  Danniher not yet.  Who else is there again?????????  Davey.

There is no chance we would get a top 10 pick.

We will get their second round pick or he walks for nothing. The Dogs wont be giving up any young talent

I think your spot on. Unless we swallow some pride here and try and get a reasonable deal done with the Dogs, we'll get nothing since he is "determined" to find a new club and the clubs with the early picks all could make claims for him. Maybe a second or third round pick and a player like Talia.

It will be game of bluff and we have to be prepared to let him go into the PSD if we are to play our part correctly.

Token round 3 + means nothing since we have a bunch of picks there anyway. If WB don't offer round 2 or better then we had better tell them no - send him to the PSD have have WB worry GWS or Melbourne decided they will take him first.

We have to be prepared to get nothing in order to get something worthwhile.

Bright very bright.  that's what got us into this mess in the first place.

now the media have locked into that we dont want to give away stewie for nothing , causing another crap stir ...tacking on the what ifs .." what if players can get to walk " "what if infractions" etc etc

TBH, Pick 22 is pretty acceptable if the Dogs throw a player in as well. Particularly a young one.
Thought he had a solid year. Nothing more, nothing less. The gap between his best game and worst game desperately needs to decrease. With a little more consistency, I think he's capable of a 60-70 goal season. Would hate to see him go.

??? I'm confused. For me pick 22 is probably fair value for Stewie. Are you saying he is worth a first rounder??? I don't think so.

If he had a solid year, nothing more, nothing less, than surely he can't be more than a first rounder. He will be the number one forward targeted at the bulldogs and will not cope. With us this year he has been the no. 3 forward. The ruckman, Hurley and JD command more attention than Stewie and he floats around and snags a few goals.

In one of the previous years (either last or the one before) I remember him having to step up and do it by himself, but then he was unknown. Put him on 1.8 mill as the key forward of the bulldogs and other sides will be all over him like a rash.

I love him, want to keep him and believe he's a talent that would compliment our forward line, but lets not pretend he is some out and out gun.

That's very unfair. It's everyone in the footy world that put pressure on him being the next Carey or Riewoldt. He has been ok in his career thus far. He has been injury prone which has impacted his development. He will be a great player for us, he is still young, oh our forward line functions better with him in it, watch the games without him there it is very notable.

Jeez, either you need new glasses or I do.

now the media have locked into that we dont want to give away stewie for nothing , causing another crap stir ...tacking on the what ifs .." what if players can get to walk "  "what if infractions" etc etc

What's wrong with pick 22?    Good deal I would have thought.  Deal or NO deal EFC.