#12 Stewart Camry

how much coin did we offer hurley again? was 5 years wasn't ....... (shakes head)

There is no chance we would get a top 10 pick.

We will get their second round pick or he walks for nothing. The Dogs wont be giving up any young talent

We will get their second round pick or he walks for nothing. The Dogs wont be giving up any young talent

At his best Crammers is worth pick 4, but his  best has only been seen in a handful of games each year.

At his best Crammers is worth pick 4, but his  best has only been seen in a handful of games each year.

If Dogs gave us pick 4, CW and PS would go serious full retard in their papers!

I think your spot on. Unless we swallow some pride here and try and get a reasonable deal done with the Dogs, we'll get nothing since he is "determined" to find a new club and the clubs with the early picks all could make claims for him. Maybe a second or third round pick and a player like Talia.

I think your spot on. Unless we swallow some pride here and try and get a reasonable deal done with the Dogs, we'll get nothing since he is "determined" to find a new club and the clubs with the early picks all could make claims for him. Maybe a second or third round pick and a player like Talia.

It will be game of bluff and we have to be prepared to let him go into the PSD if we are to play our part correctly.

Token round 3 + means nothing since we have a bunch of picks there anyway. If WB don't offer round 2 or better then we had better tell them no - send him to the PSD have have WB worry GWS or Melbourne decided they will take him first.

We have to be prepared to get nothing in order to get something worthwhile.

It will be game of bluff and we have to be prepared to let him go into the PSD if we are to play our part correctly.

Token round 3 + means nothing since we have a bunch of picks there anyway. If WB don't offer round 2 or better then we had better tell them no - send him to the PSD have have WB worry GWS or Melbourne decided they will take him first.

We have to be prepared to get nothing in order to get something worthwhile.

Would love Thalia and second round.....not going to happen......take pick 22 and move on been a long year and over the fight. He is a good but lazy player and we don't need lazy class we need hard work and dedication....just look at the dockers, discipline, commitment and adherence to team first values...it is not all about stars and we need to learn that fast

Crameri does owe Essendon. To say “we gave him a chance” is said too often in these situations, but it’s true in this case. Bombers job is to convince him to stay (and tell the Dogs as such) unless the Dogs play ball on a fair trade. That will put pressure on Dogs to make a deal or lose their man. They want him.

Personally I’m a Crameri fan and would be sad to see him go.

Crameri does owe Essendon. To say "we gave him a chance" is said too often in these situations, but it's true in this case. Bombers job is to convince him to stay (and tell the Dogs as such) unless the Dogs play ball on a fair trade. That will put pressure on Dogs to make a deal or lose their man. They want him.
Personally I'm a Crameri fan and would be sad to see him go.

I'm ambivalent about Crameri. Have seen aspects of his game that don't convince me EFC can't cover his departure.

Crameri does owe Essendon. To say "we gave him a chance" is said too often in these situations, but it's true in this case. Bombers job is to convince him to stay (and tell the Dogs as such) unless the Dogs play ball on a fair trade. That will put pressure on Dogs to make a deal or lose their man. They want him.

I'm ambivalent about Crameri. Have seen aspects of his game that don't convince me EFC can't cover his departure.

He can appear laconic and one of those players who don't seem to be giving 100%, but looks can be deceiving and he's dangerous near goal.
He is our top goal kicker and a proven FF who can work the ground and the air. That has to count for something in a trade.

We have a reputation for being “difficult” to deal with, but I genuinely reckon that that the talent we don’t want to give away is underrated.

Houli and Monfries are the two most recent examples, Hooker could have gone for peanuts last year, I think we underrate Pears who is coming back into form. Also to call Crameri a “third tier player” is a bit rich. He is picked every week even when half fit. That is his, Hurley’s, Gumbleton’s, Winderlich and to some degrees Zacha’s biggest problem has been, keeping them fit and on the park. Throw in putting TBell and Daniher in and out of the side, no wonder our forward line is unsettled and thus undervalued.

Realistically we are better off trying to keep our players and try to get them to their potential here as they are the best value players available to us. Just a matter of getting their wages, fitnEss, skills and game time sorted! Then they’ll be happy and want to stay! Who said coaching and running a Football club was complicated!

He can appear laconic and one of those players who don't seem to be giving 100%, but looks can be deceiving and he's dangerous near goal.
He is our top goal kicker and a proven FF who can work the ground and the air. That has to count for something in a trade.

laconic [ləˈkɒnɪk], laconical

adj
(of a person's speech) using few words; terse
[via Latin from Greek Lakōnikos, from Lakōn Laconian, Spartan; referring to the Spartans' terseness of speech]
laconically  adv

ie. It doesn't mean lazy and or uninterested!

Camry by name.

Truck by nature.

laconic [ləˈkɒnɪk], laconical

adj
(of a person's speech) using few words; terse
[via Latin from Greek Lakōnikos, from Lakōn Laconian, Spartan; referring to the Spartans' terseness of speech]
laconically  adv

ie. It doesn't mean lazy and or uninterested!

laxadaisical

1. Common misspelling of lackadaisical.

lackadaisical (comparative more lackadaisicalsuperlative most lackadaisical)

1. Showing no interest or enthusiasm.

Right, its Billy Ray here - teeing off with my very first post - wish me luck..............

Great call earlier made on Houli and Monfries - especially Monfries. Oh, how we have missed this year a defensive forward capable of consistenty getting ~15 touches, a few tackles and a couple of goals week in week out. Gus was rarely a match-winner (though he has been for Port a couple of times this year), but he rarely had bad games for us.

Whilst I shrug my shoulders and reluctantly accept Crammers is off to the kennel, I worry that next year he kicks 45-50 goals in a free uncluttered forward line. Too often this year, Ive noticed him 'squeezed', with no space to lead into, therefore having to work the boundary lines, or push up the ground - so by the time he gets possession either it's a difficult shot for goal 40 out on the boundary or its a mark 80m out with no options ahead of him.

He has been a victim of poor forward coaching and structure at Windy Hill. Under McCartney he'll probably take it to the next level - and good luck to him. If a competitor rang me up and offered me a 30% pay rise I'd have to seriously consider leaving also.

So you think we could be as resigned to losing any other player whose  "best has only been seen in a handful of games each year"?

That would include nearly all our list!

Including people getting paid far more than SC is or will be.

Absolute BS. You want to claim that he owes us, then you have to say that all the players that we signed on who never made it deserve to become indentured servants - after all, we put all that money into training them and they never once repaid us on the field. They should be made to wash dishes and pick cotton until they've repaid the costs we outlayed on their failed training.

Crameri has repaid us on the field more than enough.

How keen would the Dogs be if Crameri received an infraction notice from the AFL? Having to face the Tribunal with a possible six months to two years suspension hanging over his head would surely turn the Dogs’ interest to some other player who would be availabe for pre-season training and Round 1 2014 spot in the team.
Essendon still has many problems hanging around following the crazy supplement program. How many players are likely to walk if the AFLPA gets its way? All the unknowns including the naming of the interim coach.
I love the Bombers, but I’m very fearful of their future over the next two years. Only needs players to walk, sponsors to withdraw their dollars and membership to drastically fall away. The $7.5 million debt will take forever to repay if any of these things happen.
As supporters we MUST STICK BY THE CLUB despite the possible difficulties that may lay ahead.

How keen would the Dogs be if Crameri received an infraction notice from the AFL? Having to face the Tribunal with a possible six months to two years suspension hanging over his head would surely turn the Dogs' interest to some other player who would be availabe for pre-season training and Round 1 2014 spot in the team.
Essendon still has many problems hanging around following the crazy supplement program. How many players are likely to walk if the AFLPA gets its way? All the unknowns including the naming of the interim coach.
I love the Bombers, but I'm very fearful of their future over the next two years. Only needs players to walk, sponsors to withdraw their dollars and membership to drastically fall away. The $7.5 million debt will take forever to repay if any of these things happen.
As supporters we MUST STICK BY THE CLUB despite the possible difficulties that may lay ahead.

Sit tight and be confident

Crameri usually manages 30 goals per season. Based on the Bulldogs offer that works out at $15,000 per goal.
For a player with ordinary defensive efforts and who always looks injured, the concept of "value for money" seems to have disappeared.

I'd like to see you do the same percentages asnd statts on several other "supposed stars" in terms of value for money.   Could be interesting and thought provoking exercise and maybe NOT!!!!!!!!!