#12 Will Setterfield

One game I can see him being quite useful in is against Carlton. I’d bring him in, not because he used to play for them and it’s not the “bring them in to play a blinder against his old side” chestnut, but he could basically play a shutdown role on Cripps. Be the assigned tagger to him, have either Caldwell or Durham go at it with Walsh. If we can curb their influences, would go a long way towards beating those ■■■■■. FARK CARLTON!

6 Likes

Yep agree hardened bodies for the FC game makes sense. Geelong possibly as well

1 Like

The fact that they haven’t even mentioned him in the last couple of injury reports (along with the est return date not budging) suggests that they must be really struggling to find a way for him to turn a corner with his recovery. Each time they try to increase his loads he must be aggravating it. Doesn’t bode well. I’m sure it would create a fair bit of anxiety when you’re off contract and you’re trapped in rehab limbo.

1 Like

Wonder if Setters’ knee is the one that he did the ACL on back in 2018 pre-season. Not boding well if it doesn’t come good. He’s been out 6 weeks now and at least another 2-3 to go. Yep, bet he’s frustrated.

Need him for support in the backend of this season.
He’s ooc I think end of this year :dotted_line_face:

Will Setterfield could make his return from injury this weekend.

The midfielder’s comeback from a knee injury has been prolonged by some minor setbacks, but he should be right for his first competitive game since round five provided he gets through training without issue.

8 Likes

Since round 4, that should say.

Hasn’t played since the Port Adelaide match.

1 Like

maybe a half in the VFL this week then.

Hopefully he’s not being rushed.

1 Like

We need him as support for Durham. I think the last couple of weeks Durham has been looking just a little bit tired now and then. Stringer can and does relieve Durham, but another tough clearance player will not go astray.

5 Likes

Would be great to get him back if genuinely fit. Would be very handy the next two weeks

3 Likes

He is merely a reserve when we have injuries to key players in the midfield.

1 Like

Really happy to have him back in the mix. We’ve got some big bodies against us in the mid-field coming up !

Will be interesting how setterfield coming back how that affects Hobbs will one become more of a sub or will they push one back to the vfl.
This is on the assumption that cox is back in the side and Tsatas goes out and parish comes back in

1 Like

Has he played wing before? Might be able to split his time between inside and outside roles. Would help us out alot against the suns

Yes but not well

4 Likes

That was the problem at FC. Couldn’t get a look inside and struggled playing outside.

Yep. Good timing considering we’ve just lost Parish and Hobbs for a month.

If it comes down to a choice between Setterfield and Shiel, who are we going for? I’d be picking Setterfield.

11 Likes

Good get for the VFL for a few weeks before getting injured again.

sounds like VFL