#12 Will Setterfield

Show me 3 qtrs, 25 disp, 6-8 Clearances, 5 tackles.

That’ll do it for a promotion, as long as he pulls up well.
We need that size against Cripps/Hewett/Kennedy.

8 Likes

Reckon he comes in to VFL side. This seems to be the way

Hobbs is injured, will be out for a month. Not going to have to worry about that for a while.

1 Like

For past couple of months I’ve been under the impression that Will has been out with a knee problem, possibly because every injury report I’ve seen over that time had (knee) next to his name.
Today I read a story that contained the line “Scott said Essendon will take a conservative approach to Will Setterfield’s return from a hamstring injury and are likely to bring him back through the VFL this week…”

Hmm.

Setterfield, Shiel maybe Caddy in this week and should get to look at Vissentini getting a full game in the ruck.

1 Like

You’re believing an MSM report? They’re halfwits.

1 Like

Not really sure what to believe and not too fussed either way, just raised an eyebrow when I saw the word hamstring pop up today as I hadn’t seen any hint of that previously.

His performance in the VFL today has shown he is good to come back in.

9 Likes

Having a big day

Yep, some comeback game after so long out. Straight back in next week please.

7 Likes

Doing pretty much exactly what an afl-quality midfielder should do in the 2s. Now to just wait and see if his knee held up…

5 Likes

We need this guy back

4 Likes

On todays mid performance
Straight
Back
In

3 Likes

Straight in

Perko for a rest it looks like

1 Like

He’s a bit injury prone i know, but fark i am looking forward to this guy being back in the team. I think he is important and provides a point of difference. He started the year off with 24 & 29 touches, and his tackle numbers are always pretty reasonable.

Not sure where he fits long term but for now with injuries, he’ll be very handy imo

19 Likes

With Parish out and our midfield tiring Setterfield will be a big inclusion for us.
This will be his first match against Carlton as he missed the game last year injured. He will have a point to prove, but may still be hard playing against team mates of 4 years.

3 Likes

For mine he is depth only. But right now we need depth.

7 Likes

I’d be shocked if he isn’t named

Carlton are stacked with big bodied mids. Playing Setterfield gives Stringer a chop out and he plays accountable footy so can try sit on Cripps

1 Like

Will be an important in for us, we’ve definitely been running a mid short. His inclusion will hopefully mean a few things:

• More defensive mindset at center bounces (carltons strength)
  • Extra mid rotation to give younger guys like Caldwell, Perkins & Durham some relief
  • Stringer spends more time forward
4 Likes