#13 Nik Cox

that’s because he’s lined up on another essendon player.

1 Like

But when he plays he’s a 110kg giant that can leap and sprint. The fact he his injury prone has little to do with his capabilities when fit.

I took a year off.
Was good.
It can be hard to observe the slow slide into kookiness in real time but when you give it a good gap, it really stands out.

The question is what you do with that observation. A sane person would just file it away and go “oh, that person’s gone a bit weird, I will try and remember not to get bothered by their more interesting points”.
Whereas I just argued with them a lot.

4 Likes

of all the people you could have chosen, you chose someone who doesn’t like arguing, interesting.

Haha.

1 Like

That sounds like an argument is brewing.

3 Likes

Cough “bullshit” cough.

1 Like

injured again?

Appears so, weird it’s so quick after returning.

Gumbleton

3 Likes

Is Nik a chance to play against the Saints ?

Nik must be getting very frustrated, heading for round 1 and nowhere near ready after a year off.

Just listened to BDB’s interview with Cal Twomey.

About Cox and Reid: “I have to hold them back, I’m not their favourite person because of that. I tell them I’m more worried about the next 12 years than I am the next 12 weeks.”

19 Likes

How does Brad Scott translate to BDB?

1 Like

Big willy brad

8 Likes

Gone from chocolates to boiled lollies as they say.

Hope it turns around for him.

Feels like this bloke has been invisible for a long time. I wonder where his head is at. I have a feeling it’s going to take a while for him to get his mojo/confidence back as there will be a lot of self doubt that will have crept in.

Even early last year before his season ending injury he was playing a really safe, timid style of footy especially with his ball use. And body language wise it looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

How’s he tracking in terms of round 1 availability?

We need these guys to develop. I’ve seen far too many players development stall at this club for one reason or another. Get his body right then there’s no reason why he can’t match what he was doing in the first half of season 1 and then better it.

1 Like

Well, at least we have the development staff at Essendon now so we should see some of these tall players developed in the right way, something we haven’t had for a long time.

1 Like

We live in hope that happens and that we see the benefits

As a mid 40’s man who has injured my back a few times, I really feel for these young talls who have back stress. It has an unbelievable ability to strip confidence from you. Not just physically but mentally.

2 Likes