#15 Courtenay Dempsey

The Riddler.

I would be open to a trade with him, I think it would be best for Courtney if he had a fresh start.

I would trade anyone that’s not committed to the club. Who doesn’t buy into club culture.

(This is not aimed at Courtney, I don’t know him or his situation)

Disappointed he was the sub. Is a confidence player if I've ever seen one, so understandably difficult for him to get into the game.
Fog reporting he's off to GC, wish him all the best if that is actually the case. At his best he was line breaking top 10 HBF in the league and I'm happy for him to go, if he wants to escape.

I'm not reporting anything. Please don't misrepresent me.

What are your thoughts fog?

Disappointed he was the sub. Is a confidence player if I've ever seen one, so understandably difficult for him to get into the game.
Fog reporting he's off to GC, wish him all the best if that is actually the case. At his best he was line breaking top 10 HBF in the league and I'm happy for him to go, if he wants to escape.

I'm not reporting anything. Please don't misrepresent me.
What are your thoughts fog?
Haven't heard anything about Dempsey from anyone that would know. But others have suggested he wants to go back to QLD.
His ex and kids are back in Townsville but there's no team there. His best mate is Jarod Harbrow. So joining the dots, if he wanted to leave then GC seems the fit.
But I honestly have zero no knowledge of his intentions.

No team in Cairns either, since his old club Manunda Hawks just got kicked from the local comp for next year...

Why would anyone want to trade Dempsey? He hasn’t had his best year but still has genuine pace and takes the game on… ■■■■■ me that after a loss everyone gets traded… Is still a required player for mine

Why would anyone want to trade Dempsey? He hasn't had his best year but still has genuine pace and takes the game on.. ■■■■■ me that after a loss everyone gets traded.. Is still a required player for mine

Yep, agree, a big preseason and he can be extremely dangerous for us again

Why would anyone want to trade Dempsey? He hasn't had his best year but still has genuine pace and takes the game on.. ■■■■■ me that after a loss everyone gets traded.. Is still a required player for mine

Yep, agree, a big preseason and he can be extremely dangerous for us again
Also I remember last year he did pre season with hirdy, and hirdy pushing him hard and he had a good season.. Anyone with pace we need to keep.. More speed!

If a trade was put to us that would have us making improvements up forward it would have to be considered but i wouldnt go chasing deals, happy to keep him here

Pig Hurls Demps - our best HB line, he is a required player. Hope this is all BS, not enjoying all this talk of players wanting out.

Crap end to a crap year from him. Dont want to lose him though, we’re already slow enough and lack line breakers

Still can’t work out why he was sub last night, we needed the experience on the field from the get go…there must be a reason but I can’t think of one.

Still can't work out why he was sub last night, we needed the experience on the field from the get go.....there must be a reason but I can't think of one.

I just thought he was a strategic sub, wanting fresh wheels in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, it usually takes him a bit to warm into a game...
Whatever the reason, it FAILED and he should have been starting on the ground.

Needs to stay, we need genuine leg speed and he certainly has it… A big pre season and he’ll be ready to go.

Really hope he doesn’t go anywhere

I would trade anyone that's not committed to the club. Who doesn't buy into club culture.
(This is not aimed at Courtney, I don't know him or his situation)

Seriously, all I want is blokes to play great footy. I did give a ■■■■■ if they are committed or not, as long as they kicks goals, get Brownlow votes and win us a flag, not necessarily in that order.
I really reckon, that we all have to recognize that our players are highly paid contracted workers in a business, some may love their Club and their job, but can we really expect that now, with Player Draft, Trading and List Management.

we picked up Dempsey with the pick we got from Sydney for Richards. In my opinen Dempsey has twice the talent as Richards but half the work ethic.someone said on this forum some where that we need a player like Shaun Burgoyne (have a mate at the hawks who carnt beleive how hard he trains) .dempsey could be that player just hope he realizes it before it to late.

Gleeson will be better, not as quick but better decision maker and neater disposal. Of the right trade was available we be silly not to look at it.

Get Gleeson contracted please

I understand that Bacchusfox. I just think buying into a group will yield us better results.

Similar to the “bloods” culture… Or a no dickheads policy.

HS running with interest from GC. What would we get for him?

Probably not enough :frowning: