#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 2)

No need, he has a contract, we keep giving new and extended contracts for no reason and often get burned.
He’s happy, just settled down. Let’s see how he comes out next year and reassess his contract after he backs this year up with more improvement.

1 Like

I doubt Lav is going anywhere but in theory, could he choose not to activate the trigger and go elsewhere? I’m not sure how it all works.

2 Likes

Jayden has struggled through multiple disheartening injuries, shake-up of coaches and playing positions. He has always put everything into recovery, and has rapidly become one of our most important links in our back half. He deserves more than a triggered 1-year extension. Match his commitment and give him a 3-year deal, you β– β– β– β– β– β– β– .

3 Likes

Agreed. He’d be closer to a 4 year deal than a 1 year extension.

Consider the players we’ve given 1-year extensions to…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It depends how it’s structured. Can be the option of the player or obligation. Could even be the obligation of a club if you wanted it to be (not sure if that’d ever make sense).

My guess is it’s an obligation of both player and club, but of course if we want to turn aroundaand offer him 3 years on improved coin, he would presumably jump at the chance and club and player would vary the contract to include the new terms.

1 Like

Thanks JJ. As I said, he won’t be going anywhere anyway. Might have been a different story had this happened at the end of last year, and his form had been this good obviously.

Yeah, no need to commit long term just yet. Lets see if his body and form holds up first.

He’s been good this year, but no need to rush an extension.

Pretty sure he will become a free agent next year, so why not lock him in now or at the end of the season to keep away a club from poaching him next year for nothing.

He seems loyal, but I know what I’d be doing if someone offered an extra hundred or two and an extra year or two

2 Likes

He will most definitely be getting interest from other clubs.

He’s a required player and should be in our long term planning. We should be offering him a 2 year contract minimum.

At 25, he’s coming into his prime years now as a footballer.

He’s always had the talent and been a player IMO but he’s finally been able to add continuity to his game as a defender.

With question marks over Francis and Zerk for varying reasons, this should be a no-brainer to look to re contract him beyond the 1 year trigger.

8 Likes

it’s 𝕃𝔸𝕍 actually.

Was close enough last Sunday to really witness the raw physicality he brings to his one on one contests. Reckon his opponents went home nursing sore bodies.
I’ve always loved Lav & hoped he would develop into the player we see today. I hope we lock him away for many years to come.

8 Likes

𝕃𝔸𝕍s the one we’re with

No - still needs to negotiate

He copped a heavy hit to side and still played

What a tough bastard I love him

2 Likes

He was huge in that 2 v 1

6 Likes

Buddy is a big solid chunk of meat and Jayden is doing his best Rocky impersonation at the moment

(A Drago/Balboa hybrid)

3 Likes