#15 Jayden Laverde - π‹π’π―πžπ“›π“ͺ𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝕃𝔸𝕍 (Part 2)

Very solid game.

Flew the flag when Heppel got knocked over.

Having a great year.

2 Likes

Laverde is a lot taller than Harvey, but the main difference between the two is that Laverde really had never been a success as a forward, whereas Harvey had been a star who had dropped in form; Harvey’s move to defence reinvigorated him, but Laverde’s move has been the making of him as an AFL footballer.

3 Likes

Having a great year but l thought his kicking on Sunday was atrocious. Turned it over a few times where previously he had been solid with his decision making and skills.

2 Likes

Ridley was great but the rest of the defensive unit was well off their best.

Who was 198cm, mind you! Back then that was seriously tall…

3 Likes

Pretty damn tall today also.

1 Like

Merrett re-signed :white_check_mark:
Parish re-signed :white_check_mark:
Stringer re-signed :white_check_mark:

It’s time we feel the Lav, and get this colossus re-signed ASAP.

11 Likes

IT’S NOT A RACE. Or is it?

2 Likes

Yep; nothing escapes the erosive impact of inflation over time.

How many games in a row? Left Gumby’s record in the rear view mirror

Already signed as supposedly had trigger for 2nd year

Would be angling for more$/longer term no doubt however

Lav?

If you’re not in it for LAV i’m outta here

2 Likes

I’ve read on BigFooty that Laverde had a trigger for an extra year which he has now met. This would mean his contract expires next year. Is this correct?

1 Like

Where was this announced?

Afl website

IN-FORM BOMBER NEARS CONTRACT TRIGGER

JAYDEN Laverde’s emergence as a defender has been one of the success stories of the first half of Essendon’s season and the remodelled Bomber is nearing a contract trigger to stick with the club in 2022.

Laverde was left in contract limbo at the end of last season but agreed to a one-year deal that carried a games trigger to extend his time at Essendon through to the end of 2022.

8 Likes

If I were jackets, I’d be signing him up for another year, to make two years.

He’s got his body right and has found his place. Will win the most improved award.

A keeper.

5 Likes

Agree re the most improved call. 2nd would be Stringer imo. With the injuries to our midfield giving Stringer more time there, he’s been roving the taps and generating clearances like I’ve never seen him do before.

Edit: or Parish.

1 Like

What a great story for player and club as they came so close to ending the relationship and it turning around the way it has.

1 Like

Sure is! I am really happy for the bloke.

It’s a very good news story.

Well done to the coaches too.

1 Like