#15 Josh Green - delisted

what about now?

1 Like

Essendon Football Club has advised Josh Green that he will not be offered a contract for the 2019 season.

Green played 24 games in the red and black after spending six years with the Brisbane Lions where he played 81 games.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, thanked Green for his commitment to Essendon.

“On behalf of the club I would like to thank Josh for his efforts in his two years here,” Worsfold said.

“Josh was a very well-liked member of the playing group and he performed well in his games for the club, showing leadership both on and off the field.

“Unfortunately, he was curtailed by injuries at crucial times but always stayed positive.

“We wish Josh all the best with his future endeavours.”

Green will continue to play for the Bombers throughout the VFL final series.

2 Likes

On ya champ. Thanks for lending a hand in farking a few teams over for us

8 Likes

He might not even play on Saturday. He has been lame with foot or calf issues the last 2 finals.

They did it with Jackson as well, so I guess they figure it is better for the players and it may give them a chance to impress other clubs.

All the best to Green. He was a good small nut, but not consistent enough for AFL.

3 Likes

It worked for Merrett… for one week.

EDIT: shakes fist at @Bomb_Doe

No more guessing

will always remember him swooping on the ball and kicking the goal after old man Reid couldnt pick it up last anzac day

2 Likes

He drove Sam Mitchell into the surface of Etihad, that is grounds for a life membership right?

44 Likes

Because human decency would suggest that people deserve honesty when a decision is made? It can’t have been a complete shock for him, and gives him more time to think about his future plans.

I’d like to think any player who got to that level is competitive and professional enough to still play to their best of their ability in a final, regardless of whether there is a lure of a new contract or not.

2 Likes

A nearly but quite really good small forward.

Great when things were going our way,pretty joe average when they werent.

1 Like

Wish him all the best… I think Younan could be a good replacement on the cheap… keeps kicking goals every week in the 2’s

1 Like

Good luck to him. If he played 22 games in a year he’d be good for 35-40 goals.

Farewell Corgi, and to a fellow ginger may the shade always be near and the sunblock plentiful.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Can’t see that one happening.

1 Like

Good decision. Is a one trick pony (small forward) and even then he’s not that good at it. He’s too limited

1 Like

Shouldn’t be hard to get a small forward to replace him, we got our last one from our back pocket.

3 Likes

Damn I reckon this is a shocker delist. Shame about the injuries but damn, he’s a better runner than Travvy.

2 Likes

Time for an X factor, crazily defensive,sharp shooting, indigenous boy to come in and light up the forward line like Tippa has.

Not hatd to find,surely (joke).