#15 Josh Green - delisted

I love how all supporters are up in arms about not having an actual small crumbling goal sneak, for 10 years.

We get one that is young and has shown that he can kick a bag of goals consistently and people are complaining.

Typical.

3rd most accurate goal kicker in the AFL...that alone helps us

You had to jinx it didn’t you…

Fantastic!

‘Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said the 24-year-old is a welcome addition to the Bombers line-up.’

And indeed he is. Welcome to the Dons, Josh Green. You’re a very good footballer — good enough I believe to overcome the real challenge John Worsfold has set for you, and I quote:

“We will challenge Josh to work closely with Performance Coach, Hayden Skipworth…"

Yes, indeed.

I know this guy! He’s the one who just had to run into goal and not get dacked by TIPPA!

Happy with this

Provides good forward pressure

Kicks goals

Is a ■■■■ on the field

Only a 1 year deal too, so hopefully that lights a fire under him.

Welcome aboard Josh. If you bury that ladyboy Isaac Smith in Round 1 into the turf, i will love you forever.

Haters of this decision can blow me

Haven't had a ranga for a while.

Cooney
Francis
Fletcher
??

We needed a goal kicking forward pocket and we just got one. Great get.

We are so in lid off mode for next year.

With Richards likely as well that’s 5 mature players brought in, 4 in the 22-24yr bracket plus Pops Kelly.

And only outlay will be for all 5 is pick 77

I know this guy! He's the one who just had to run into goal and not get dacked by TIPPA!

And demspey too.

Yeah Demps nailed him a couple of years back; one of those games where he was dominating against us

This is an excellent get in my mind. Firstly, he’s miles better than any of our current delistees, and we’re getting him for nothing and he should be ready to make an immediate impact. Secondly, he fits a desprete need. Everyone complains about having no small forwards and he fills a need in our biggest weakness, whilst allowing Tippa even further flexibility to be thrown forward or back… Him and Fantasia together as small forwards are going to cause headaches as both are proven goalkickers. Thirdly he’s young, only 24 and you can write off this year as he was injured for the majority so he’s still on an upwards curve.

The last 3 years of his career he’s kicked: 24, 33 & 25 goals from 17, 20 & 16 games respectively. That’s in a garbage team with a garbage midfield. Name me how many Essendon players have kicked this in recent years and I reckon you can count them on one hand. Give him an opportunity with a rising midfield and he can be a 30-40+ goals a year forward. The guy has great speed and if he keeps committed then he’ll be a fantastic inclusion.

Haven't had a ranga for a while.

Cooney
Francis
Fletcher
??

It’s ok. I’m having one of those days. Carry on.

I wonder if the Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce this?
I'm not sure...but it sure seems that Blitz is
3rd most accurate goal kicker in the AFL...that alone helps us

We’ll soon get rid of that nasty habit out of his game.

We are so in lid off mode for next year.

With Richards likely as well that’s 5 mature players brought in, 4 in the 22-24yr bracket plus Pops Kelly.

And only outlay will be for all 5 is pick 77

You’re not doing it right, way too positive.

I really like that it is on our terms.

Only a 1 year deal minimises the risk of it blowing up in our face. Interesting though, there can’t have been a heap of interest elsewhere he was happy to only sign for one season.

Pleased.

“We will challenge Josh to work closely with Performance Coach, Hayden Skipworth, to ensure he reaches his potential through a tailored training program. … we believe we can get the work into Josh that he requires to consistently play at his best. We have also requested the local KFC not serve Josh.”

I am happy with this. This has been an area of weakness of our list for a long time, and while yes we now have Raz, it is good to have a back-up/some flexibility. Also one year is good. Get him thinking about earning the next contract from the get-go, with no room for complacency.

Glad we’ve got Green, not a great player but a good one and fills a need. Raz was excellent of half back/wing early in the season, as good as he was up forward reckon he’ll be a better all round player when not limited to the forward half.

Hey at least we know he won’t be tearing us a new one when we play Brisbane. They become a little more controllable now :wink:

We are re-building the Mosquito Fleet at Essendon. 100 years ago mosquitoes were 160-170cm however today they are 171-181.

Tippa 171
Colyer 174
Green 176
Mc Grath 177 ???
Bird 179
Howlett 180
Merrett 180
Parish 181