#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

He will be best 22 by the end of the season. Competitive beast. I reckon he will play as early as anzac day

3 Likes

I hope you are both right.
What we need on a simple level are guys that can beat there man, can play defensively and are very efficient with the ball. This guy has all of that, and more.

I hope he plays VFL for the first half of the season. He has all the tools needed to average 25+ disposals, 5+ tackles and a goal or 2 a game playing VFL midfield.

2 Likes

Agree he has the tools.

After 5 - 10 VFL games & he regains his position in the 1’s

1 Like

Totally agree. I’m more excited about Begs than any of the other young players we have.

Gives me a Luke Parker Vibe, wouldn’t mind playing him in the guts at VFL level for extended periods.

3 Likes

This kid is X-factor personified. provided he stays fit, he will be an absolute star before we know it.

3 Likes

BRING

Who’s spot does he take?

When Begs is 100% he and Lav are fighting for a spot. Do you agree? He played every game since his debut before the injury so i think the club rates him. He does cover the ground really well so maybe he could push out Guelfi.

*I know he’s played a very different role to Guelfi when he’s played.

Can’t see him pushing out Guelfi. All his games have been pretty much as a half forward, which is not Guelfi territory.

1 Like

I hope Guelfi keeps his spot. I see him as the best chance to woo my step-daughter back to the Bombers in the post-Monfries era.

20 Likes

Yeah i know i know. I’m just a big wrap for him so i’m clutching at straws. I actually rate Guelfi so i want him in the side.

1 Like

Lav is good but Begley wins that spot by a country mile. hes better in front of goal, can navigate traffic better, is more agile and at a guess is less injury prone. if we turn this kid into a mid, clubs are going to be going to the draft looking for a “Josh Begley type”.

1 Like

Begs for Bags, as like for like as you can get. Only one letter difference and I thing Begs has the flexibility in his game to cope with a single vowel.

6 Likes

I don’t think that Begs takes Bags spot.
Perhaps one day.

But for now I’d prefer he takes Lavs spot.

A fit proactive highly skilled & efficient
Begley is better than Lav V.3.0

1 Like

No letters in common. Just can’t see it working.

1 Like

Players are that versatile these days, it doesn’t need to be like for like every single time. Its pretty easy to rotate/change roles

Well that might work if Lav had a spot, but as yet he doesn’t.

5 Likes

I reckon Begley comes in when fit to take the role of Baguley. Putting him in to apply forward pressure first and foremost which I think suits him. He’s hungry, fit and a competitor and probably has more of a goal sense than Baguely; he looks like a natural forward