#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

With only 8 games of AFL, will be exciting to see him do a Redman or Ridley and break into our best 22.

If Draper and Zerk can do the same this year or next would make our future very promising.

I expect that BZT will enter AFL calculations later on next year, he has some very good players ahead of him and Francis too.

1 Like

Begley is fecking huge.

When was the last time we recruited a kid who didn’t look like an over ripe foetus?

1 Like

Jay Neagle?

2 Likes

Adam Saad?

3 Likes

These guys might be chunky but they’re no Daniel Wells.

2 Likes

Well, that’s in a whole different weight category.

Bosh Jegley

Get around this bloke! I was so disappointed when he did his knee last year. He’s going to be a very good footballer!!

6 Likes

Really hope so.
We are in desperate need of a shining light.

1 Like

Fast decision making and very clean disposal. We just need him to get the ball 20 times, that’s his biggest challenge.

1 Like

I’d be happy with 15.
To be honest, considering his VFL form hasn’t been great, it might be a struggle for him to get 10

2 Likes

He has been out of sorts in the VFL since returning, especially his kicking, my short term expectations are tempered quite a bit.

2 Likes

Good luck to the guy. Not expecting much tonight, hopefully he gets rid of a few cobwebs and kicks a goal or two. I think the Myers omission is a great chance for blokes like Begley, Langford and especially Parish, and I am excited to see who grabs their opportunity.

For Begley I hope he gets through the gametonight unscathed and gets a few weeks in the ones to show us all what he can do

1 Like

He played like someone who hasn’t played an AFL game for a year, but I hope he keeps his spot in Smith/Fantasia’s absence. Let him build some confidence and the goals and goal assists will come.

But Fark it, bring in Myers!

2 Likes

Rusty game from him. Didn’t kick the ball with any confidence and struggled with the pace. Looked like a completely different player to the one that was electrifying in his first few games. Its only early, and perhaps he shouldn’t have played - tbh he didnt deserve his spot in the firsts but injury made his selection necessary. Id play Mynott ahead of him.

He’s been good enough to repeatedly score in his VFL matches… and also pretty awful at the same time.

Got exactly what I expected.

1 Like

He had two ripping field kicks that created goals. He’s be disappointed not to have kicked at least two. Pretty good return all in all. Competed well and will ultimately have Bags’s spot I suspect. Will be better for the run.

2 Likes

Mynott injured. Ham too small. Long not up to it. Laverde just back from injury.

He wasn’t ready but he was the best left on the shelf.

He could easily have kicked 3 in his first game for 12 month in the real deal.

A forward who can get to the right spots…his position is in no danger.
Handy game.

1 Like