#16 “OMG it’s Archie” Perkins

what’s pleasing is we have two excellent prospects on our list

4 Likes

Jones will be your bigger James Hird I hope

1 Like

Bontempelli is essentially the modern day Hird, so if we can get a Bontempelli equivalent that’d be swell.

And I don’t think we currently have a player that ticks all the boxes the Bont does.

3 Likes

Um what?

He’s not Hirds bootlace.

Not even close.

1 Like

Worst take in blitz history. Not even close.

4 Likes

Bontempelli is a tall midfielder who can play as a genuine forward, steps up when the game is on the line, and has won multiple games off his own boot.

Sound familiar?

2 Likes

Kepler Bradley?

I was thinking more Marc Bullen, but sure, Kepler works too.

1 Like

The way they play is still quite different. Bont is a monster and has most mids covered in physical attributes alone. Hird wasn’t as strong or quick but made up for it with his intelligence and creativity.

Martin is the most like Hird. slight, but smart, not elite fast but quick, loves to snap a goal, he has the timing, he knows where to run to be in position to receive the ball, and hits passes that make the player run to the ball. Has awareness when he is getting caught and just able to get the ball away. He is a good mark for his size, and good at judging the ball in flight as you will see him often take marks forward uncontested, due to better judgement plus losing his man. I definitely see him playing more of a inside role once he adds some more beef. cool under pressure.

Perkins is more like on a trajectory similar to peak Stringer as a mid/forward - or someone like Petracca, power athlete.

Hird 188cm 89kg
Martin 190cm 86kg
Perkins 188cm 80kg

5 Likes

There’s no one like Hird, he was a unique player. Not even that tall.
Bloody legend as a player.

8 Likes

Fyfe is similar to Hird.

9 Likes

And courage

2 Likes

Nah, I don’t think that Perkins has the explosiveness of Petracca or Stringer. Perkins has an amazing sidestep. Maybe he ends up more like a bigger Robert Harvey.

I see Martin as being more like Pendlebury than Hird myself.

3 Likes

Not even close to the worst take in history.

What is it when you use peoples words against them by swapping the front bit around?

I’ve invented something.

Happy Friday.

Yeah I agree. Not a contested beast like Hird, but classy.

Martin seems to be far more of an outside player than Hird. I see him as a Caracella type player who rarely gets involved in packs or clearance work.

Yeah probably the best comparison.

Martin doesn’t have much of a contested game. Hird’s game was built around winning the contested ball.

3 Likes