#16 “OMG it’s Archie” Perkins

Cool,

evasive crash and bash.

They will struggle to lay a hand on him, and when they do it won’t matter.

15 Likes

Damn you EFC for posting this

3 Likes

Between this and The Voss pull ups video.

It’s gonna be hard to sleep tonight!

Boxing gloves for you when you go to bed.

8 Likes

EFA

2 Likes

You’re all wrong, Archie will be a Dayne Beams type. 187cm, 88kg and good for a goal a game with 25+ high impact possessions.

Mitch Duncan and Cam Guthrie are another two guys with a similar frame at 187/188cm and 85-90kg

1 Like

That facial expression…

1 Like

Well Kane Cornes thinks our Archie will breakout this next season. Wish he’d just say nuthin’ and let Archie just develop without any media expectation … hard enough in AFL for many young guns to just get a string of games going … Then again I reckon Archie looks like already he’ll be fine

If he’s going to be that guy for us, this year or next is when he makes that big step. Don’t want to see him stuck in a forward pocket being starved of the ball. Need a higher percentage of midfield time.

2 Likes

I don’t see what choice we have.
Three midfield, two wing, one forward-mid, one back-mid, two(?) interchange.
That’s nine spots.

Zerrett
Heppell
Martin
Durham
Cox(?)
Perkins
Hobbs
Setterfield
Caldwell
Langford
McGrath

Stringer

Weideman(?)

Tsatas/Phillipou
Davey

Also bitsa players like
Hind
D’Ambrosio
Snelling
Lord
Wanganeen

Going to be an interesting year.

Best attacking centre square combo next year
Perkins leaning more to a defensive centre square position but with the option of exiting the front of the stoppage with supply from Parish or off the ruck tap.

from my understanding of mid craft perkins midfield pre season focus should be
AT THE STOPPAGE:

• Stronger starting points – control the area & space Perko needs to know his starting point and exit point that means he needs to know the space around him, initiate body contact.
  • he has good WORK RATE IN & OUT OF THE STOPPAGE AREAbut reading what the opponent is doing is another area of weakness
  • he cant be flat footed which he does get into the habit of being off balanced
  • Account for his man when they have it or cover most dangerous exit points of oppo
    he needs to consider his next 20-30m running pattern post clearance
    next phase for perko is going to be were he makes the biggest impact as an AFL midfielder IMO as an attkacking square option, he needs clearer THOUGHT PROCESS ONCE THE BALL HAS LEFT his AREA
1 Like

I have high hopes for him too, but I’m surprised no one talks about he often receives the footy or marks it with his chest instead of out in the hands. Robs him of some time.

Anyway that’s an observation and thanks for asking

Parish?

2 Likes

He’d be intimidating at 8 ball

12 Likes
25 Likes

No way he isn’t going to be the best player on our list in 24 months time.

5 Likes

Players that can consistently break tackles are so important these days.

10 Likes

big unit

The bloke tackling is no slouch either.

3 Likes