#16 “OMG it’s Archie” Perkins

Play him perm mid, in the sweeper and defensive role. Swapping with Caldwell on the HFF.

1 Like

You can’t teach that. You can’t develop that.

You either have it, or you don’t.

And boy, does he have it.

16 Likes

it’s good to watch but also…kneeeeeee….:face_with_peeking_eye:

Yep Caldwell had a crack and he brushed him off like a mosquito.

3 Likes

I really hope he develops into that Josh Dunkley style of player for us. He’s got the raw attributes. I’ve got a feeling this season is one where he emerges as a real top-line player. As long as he’s not stuck in a FP for prolonged periods. Would love a 60/40 mid/fwd split.

1 Like

I want him to be the attacking side of the play >80% of the time. He’s a good decision maker, can kick a goal, and can make things happen.

So I don’t know about these extended midfield stints - he’ll be forced into defensive spots far too often. Give him a run at centre bounces, sure. But otherwise, half-forward flank for mine.

3 Likes

Dusty like.

1 Like

hahah please dont

Keep him away from chopsticks.

1 Like

He’s had cat-like agility since his first few games. He is instinctively a top line footballer and I really hope Brad can get the best out of him. A few more years under Truck would have been a disaster for him.

Huge year for Archie.

5 Likes

To me Perkins with ball in hand takes the game on a bit like Rozee, but also seems to have the ability to stand up and shrug a tackle like Ablett Jr.

Really hope Brad Scott gives him responsibility and shoves into a prime midfield/forward role (not just a sometimes invisible role on a HFF). Perkins looks fit now but lookout in a couple of years when he puts on that bulk that players get from 23 onwards.

4 Likes

Needs to learn the defensive stuff.

2 Likes

Get him inked up - and neck needs to get bigger to carry three norms

1 Like

Our midfield is bottom 4, for general play stoppages.

It’s imperative that Perkins, Caldwell & Hobbs are playing midfield roles, as our starting midfield are incredibly soft in the clutches.

Those bigger bodies in the midfield are vital if we are to be a legitimate side.

3 Likes

This guys gonna go nuts this year. Full time mid by end of season and damaging around the stoppages.

2 Likes

His time is now to show more.

I want him too side step more because he is brilliant at it

2 Likes

Exciting news. Go Arch!

Hopefully we can see a Connor Rozee like upward trend

33 Likes

He’s definitely got talent. And some players more than most in our squad cause me to wonder if they’ll take the quantum leap from decent to top drawer player. Archie is one of those for this season.

He said from the off he wanted to be midfield and looks suited to an inside role. No worries about shrugging tackles or applying one. My question is has he the quick thinking and slick hands to be that top midfielder in years to come and contribute to goals.

He’s got time on his side … but plenty of competition now Setterfield has arrived and Hobbsy lurks. Add Caldwell, Shiel, Parish and its getting crowded suddenly in there.

Reckon 2024 or maybe 2025 will be Archie’s truly big year. Just hope he sticks at it till then.

1 Like

Don’t all non KPP need to have a midfield level tank to be effective in todays game?

There is a different type of fitness base that KPP need. I think most people on here think that Cox is the perfect Key Forward because he can run all day.

But both Key forwards and Key defenders need to have upperbody endurance. If they’re tired after wrestling with their opponent for a quarter of the game, their effectiveness is nil.

I think we put far too much emphasis on the running capacity of KPP, especially key forwards.

1 Like