#16 Tayte Pears

BRING HIM IN

Is his kicking straight between the sticks?

His kicking was complete caca against geelong a few weeks ago.

His kicking was complete caca against geelong a few weeks ago.

We have enough of them next

Surely we can go worse than giving Pears a run at CHF in the ones? Thoughts?

If pears gets a game this year we have truly lost the plot. The guy is finished. Lucky to be on the list for as long as he has.

If pears gets a game this year we have truly lost the plot. The guy is finished. Lucky to be on the list for as long as he has.

Ordinarily I’d agree with you but we only kick 50 points a game and we just lost Carlisle and Bellchambers. There isn’t much left to choose from.

Ordinarily I’d agree with you but we only kick 50 points a game and we just lost Carlisle and Bellchambers. There isn’t much left to choose from.

Roll the di[c]e is cast!

Surely we can go worse than giving PEARS! a run at CHF in the ones? Thoughts?

Fixed.

Why would we be picking Tayte over Ambrose?

BUDDYLIKE

I agree he isn't in our best 22... but as far as key position cattle goes we haven't really got many other options while Carlisle is out. Daniher needs another tall down there. He looks clumsy against many oppositions #1 backmen and has the yips.

The other option is bring Giles in. At least he will provide a physical presence. Its times like these that I wish we didn"t give up blokes like JJ who now plays for the Crows…

If we kept jj might have missed j & z Merrett and Mckernan/Giles

Agree, I think Ambrose has been forgotten about with this. Is it purely because we expect Tayte to hit the scoreboard more than Ambrose?

The resurrection is upon us. Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

Bring him in.

I think he’d make a great FF
Even as a part timer he just has the look of a Franklin.

Man, our options to replace Jake are Ambrose, Pears or Giles… That’s sad.

I think Tayte has only been back on the footy field for about 5-6 games after 2-3 years off.
He is still nowhere near the player he was ( yet?), but having said that, playing as a KPF is said to be the hardest position to play really well. Its a big ask.

Yeah, maybe Quilt forward and Stein back?

Personally I think we’d be better with a Giles/Smack combo for resting ruck/CHF. I think they’d threaten to score more than other available options and at least offer something in the ruck.

Unfortunately for me its a no to the 2015 Tayter.

Hurls & JD make a fairly good option, Smack taking a few.
Stein back, with Gwilt & Hooker

Hurls & JD make a fairly good option, Smack taking a few.
Stein back, with Gwilt & Hooker

Which one of Stein or Gwilt are you going to put on Riewoldt?

I think Hurely will spend time forward while Jake is out, but this is a tough week to move him.