#16 Tayte Pears

His kicking was complete caca against geelong a few weeks ago.

BRING
HIM
IN

BRING
HIM
IN

Second that motion!

I bet ya he will rip it up next year at freo if he doesn’t force his way back into the team in next few weeks

Why would we be picking Tayte over Ambrose?

Man, our options to replace Jake are Ambrose, Pears or Giles… That’s sad.

Hurls & JD make a fairly good option, Smack taking a few.
Stein back, with Gwilt & Hooker

Which one of Stein or Gwilt are you going to put on Riewoldt?

I think Hurely will spend time forward while Jake is out, but this is a tough week to move him.

Yep, I agree it’s tough.
But I would put Stein on him. He’s a little quicker, I think - not sure. But he does have a very good vertical leap, and that may make up for his height a little.

BRING HIM IN
Second that motion!

I bet ya he will rip it up next year at freo if he doesn’t force his way back into the team in next few weeks

Gumby-like?
BRING HIM IN
Second that motion!

Gumby-like?

Please no hamstrings

Why would we be picking Tayte over Ambrose?

Man, our options to replace Jake are Ambrose, Pears or Giles… That’s sad.

i reckon ryder (and to a lesser extent crameri) allowed us to cheat our list management a bit because we could rely on him in a pinch to play any tall position on the ground. As such we probably went a one or two talls short for a while knowing that we had real flexibility in our talls to allow us to cover a couple of injuries. Then in quick succession we lost ryder and crameri (and gumby) at the same time as we got excluded from the draft. had we not been excluded from the first two rounds i think you would have seen us trade for another tall at some point in the last two years. Gwilt was kind of a fall back position.

in 2013 hampson, mcevoy, mumford, white, west, delaney and jpod all moved. Mcevoy was the highest pick traded for a tall at 18. there were a few talls floating around last year too. i’d like to think that with extra picks we would have looked to add some height either through trade or at the draft table.

obviously injuries to fletch and tbell aren’t helping either.

the last few years have really been a perfect storm from a list management perspective. Mckernan looks set prove dodoro smarter than plenty around here but we just did have the resources to attract two of him.

Josh Bruce went that same year for pick 48. The trick is getting a Bruce (48) and a Delaney (77), rather than a Hampson (32) and a Trent West (41).

Josh Bruce went that same year for pick 48. The trick is getting a Bruce (48) and a Delaney (77), rather than a Hampson (32) and a Trent West (41).

The trick is to keep picks in the draft rather than trading them for hasbeens

that said we have added thurlow, ambrose,mckernan, giles and gwilt

Does no one in here if not go to the VFL matches at very least read The VFL results and stats. Then make up there mind and and post
comment. Pears was one of the best on ground and scored goals…SSSSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT.

Pears - flogging a dead horse.

He did do well against one of the top VFL teams. People can have all the opinions they want . If Pears has an extended injury free period over the next 10 weeks, and runs into some consistent form and is good enough to be selected, his career might be resurrected. There is still a chance for him, but its a slim one IMO.

He did do well against one of the top VFL teams. People can have all the opinions they want . If Pears has an extended injury free period over the next 10 weeks, and runs into some consistent form and is good enough to be selected, his career might be resurrected. There is still a chance for him, but its a slim one IMO.

That’s amazing. Who would have thought that an injury free player in good form might have a chance of playing an AFL match. And additionally, who would have thought that a player who goes alright in the AFL side might actually earn another contract!!! This is mind blowing stuff Chris… and furthermore, who would have thought that a player who earned a contract extraction might be able to extend their career even further?

Sarcasm aside, thanks for your post Chris. It’s a refreshing change from the Dalek-esque DELIST DELIST we get bombarded with. And yes this does need to be pointed out to people, even though it should be f$%&*ing obvious. So thanks for pointing it out.

A fit and inform Tayte Pears is a good type of player for Essendon to have.

Maybe his career will be over come season’s end. But he has his chance now and I’m backing him in. Go Tayter Go!

In fact, I’m backing everyone in! The whole team! GO TEAM! GO PLAYERS! You can do it, you can do it all night long.

…alright, time to lay off the grog…

That’s amazing. Who would have thought that an injury free player in good form might have a chance of playing an AFL match. And additionally, who would have thought that a player who goes alright in the AFL side might actually earn another contract!!! This is mind blowing stuff Chris… and furthermore, who would have thought that a player who earned a contract extraction might be able to extend their career even further?

Sarcasm aside, thanks for your post Chris. It’s a refreshing change from the Dalek-esque DELIST DELIST we get bombarded with. And yes this does need to be pointed out to people, even though it should be f$%&*ing obvious. So thanks for pointing it out.

Maybe his career will be over come season’s end. But he has his chance now and I’m backing him in. Go Tayter Go!

In fact, I’m backing everyone in! The whole team! GO TEAM! GO PLAYERS! You can do it, you can do it all night long.

LOL WW. clearly I am having trouble getting off the grog. But the current state of our team is best viewed through the mists of perception created by a double Blue Sapphire and tonic. ( which I can recommend does wonders for your impression of this troubled world)

I saw Tayter play in 2009 and jeez if he could get near that… get around him and bring him in.

LOL WW. clearly I am having trouble getting off the grog. But the current state of our team is best viewed through the mists of perception created by a double Blue Sapphire and tonic. ( which I can recommend does wonders for your impression of this troubled world)

I saw Tayter play in 2009 and jeez if he could get near that… get around him and bring him in.

I need to save up enough for the gordons london dry first!

At least with Tayter we have seen how good he is/was/can be/will be. It must be so hard for those who through long development time or injury or other bad luck never have a good or breakout game at the top level. You never know if they had of been given just one more year if that would have done it for them.

What we mostly don’t know when these players get delisted is what their work rate and attitude were like, or whether the coaches didn’t think they had the potential or how many times a player in this category might have been kept on for another year if clubs were allowed more list spots.

“The fish John West rejects” and all that, but I imagine that many players who have been in Tayte’s position would come out of it mentally stronger than many of their teammates. Which I would think would increase their value.

I’m a massive Tayte Pears fanboi. I still reckon his 2009 (and the first 5 games of 2010) are underrated, and he showed signs of a champion defender, well suited to the modern game.

But that was a long time ago. If you go back to 2013, where he actually played 11 games, he looked void of confidence and seemed a fair bit off the pace. I thought at the time ‘if he can just stay fit and have an extended run at it, he still might make it.’

Instead, he got more injuries and hasn’t played a senior game since.

It’s pretty hard to come back from that. I hope he does, nothing footy related this year would make me happier… but it’s pretty unlikely. Sadly :frowning:

He could of been something special.

You must be the unreal Paul Peos, 'Cos for once we agree on something.

F
F
S

BRING HIM IN

F F S

BRING HIM IN

Payshents WOB. Just a couple moar vee-full games for confidence.

Surely he deserves a chance up forward. Has worked his way back into the VFL and has been on the list long enough, played AFL for a few seasons. Why not give him a spot deep forward??

Has he improved on his leads and running to position etc??