#16 Tayte Pears

This isn't a whinge at you Fog, but how in the ■■■■ does it take till next week once the bloke has signed.

Duh. Due process.

So we are basically sitting out of this trade period in favour of signing current players.

I have a sneaking feeling that Essendon is trying to disprove the 'exodus' theory at the expense of being active and daring with trades.

I suppose morale is very important right now, but i am hoping there is still some balance towards putting together a premiership quality team.

So we are basically sitting out of this trade period in favour of signing current players.

I have a sneaking feeling that Essendon is trying to disprove the 'exodus' theory at the expense of being active and daring with trades.

I suppose morale is very important right now, but i am hoping there is still some balance towards putting together a premiership quality team.

Or maybe Essendon has faith in the list it has now and will only trade if it is clearly advantageous to do so, rather than fulfilling some pathological need to trade for the sake of trading.

Great news he is signing, a key to us going forward!

Great if it is true on two levels.

He showed real improvement this season as he was injury free and was able to develop. Still a young bloke with plenty of upside.

The players morale is high, they have faith in the club and obviously weren’t treated with reckless abandon as the afl and others would have us believe.

will be handy when we play the teams with 4 talls - hawks/swans/eagles + when fletcher/hooker/carlisle are injured.

Great news he is signing, a key to us going forward!

haha I thought you said he was going to be a great forward.

Great news though. I can relax now...kind of.

Or maybe Essendon has faith in the list it has now and will only trade if it is clearly advantageous to do so, rather than fulfilling some pathological need to trade for the sake of trading.

Or maybe players from other clubs are a tad reluctant (have been warned off) coming to us after the debacle of this season. Like others l see each re-signing as a vote of confidence in the club/team for next season. Lid off. 

Duh. Due process.

AND diligence.

Good news about Tayte.

Gumby next?

Mass Exodus

Needs to find himself next year. At the moment he’s neither one thing, nor t’other.

I think this kid is a gun and will be all Australian one day. Very happy some other club didn’t get him for peanuts.

Shouldn’t be played at full back or centre half back.

Needs to drop a few kgs and work on his endurance and play a sweeping role off half back IMO.

Well done for re-signing pears.

11.43am: Player manager Tom Petroro appeared on Gillette AFL Trade Radio this morning and covered a range of topics:

• Says it's too early to say what percentage of chance Nick Dal Santo is to end up at North Melbourne. Talks are continuing with the Kangaroos, Saints and Bombers with the former two clubs the most prolific. Says Dal Santo may consider becoming a free agent if he, a) decides to leave St Kilda, and b) that provides the Saints with the best outcome

• Tayte Pears is a "strong chance" to stay at Essendon with talks ongoing with the club's recruiter Adrian Dodoro. The Bombers are the only club they are speaking to at the moment. 

http://www.afl.com.au/trade-period/trade-radio

Not a done deal yet according to his manager

Puts you in a stronger negotiating position if the player is contracted. Doesn't mean any particular player wont be traded.

Think he could still be an A grader. If he left got the feeling he would do a Teddy Richards on us...

Has the right attitude....just needs confidence. Like Hooker - he will also benefit from a rampant Carlisle.

Like everyone else has said his best season for a while simply because he got through it health wise and consistently played games even if in the reserves. Confidence is the next challenge and getting him to understand his strengths and weaknesses and to play within those limitations.
He is still very young and we should keep him unless we really can get an early second round pick. I am hoping he could have a Hooker type year in 2014 with increased confidence.

l remember it wasn't so long ago, that people rated Pears higher than Hooker. l would be very happy if he got back to level pegging.

CJ, a couple of years back Lloyd was rating Pears more highly that Hurley. The kid must have a mountain of upside!

It kills me to say this, but, I think Fletcher could be holding the development of Tayte (Yes, we are on a first name basis). There is no spot for him in the backline really with Bags, Hibberd and Dempsey as the smalls and Fletch, Hooker and Carlisle on the bigs. Eventually when Fletcher retires whether that be next year or after his nine year deal, Pears will slot into his role. I think he's ready but he's not getting a consistent go, or wasn't until late last season when Fletch was injured. That's when, at stages we started to see the best of Pears. To best further his development it may be with in the best interests of the club to sort of show Fletch the way. I know this probably won't be a popular view, but I just hope we win the flag next year and gives Fletcher the perfect opportunity to hang up the 100's of pairs of boots he worn through.