#16 Tayte Pears

It kills me to say this, but, I think Fletcher could be holding the development of Tayte (Yes, we are on a first name basis). There is no spot for him in the backline really with Bags, Hibberd and Dempsey as the smalls and Fletch, Hooker and Carlisle on the bigs. Eventually when Fletcher retires whether that be next year or after his nine year deal, Pears will slot into his role. I think he's ready but he's not getting a consistent go, or wasn't until late last season when Fletch was injured. That's when, at stages we started to see the best of Pears. To best further his development it may be with in the best interests of the club to sort of show Fletch the way. I know this probably won't be a popular view, but I just hope we win the flag next year and gives Fletcher the perfect opportunity to hang up the 100's of pairs of boots he worn through.

And if Pears/Hooker/Carlisle gets injured?

what the hell are you on about, we need as many quality backmen as possible.

It kills me to say this, but, I think Fletcher could be holding the development of Tayte (Yes, we are on a first name basis). There is no spot for him in the backline really with Bags, Hibberd and Dempsey as the smalls and Fletch, Hooker and Carlisle on the bigs. Eventually when Fletcher retires whether that be next year or after his nine year deal, Pears will slot into his role. I think he's ready but he's not getting a consistent go, or wasn't until late last season when Fletch was injured. That's when, at stages we started to see the best of Pears. To best further his development it may be with in the best interests of the club to sort of show Fletch the way. I know this probably won't be a popular view, but I just hope we win the flag next year and gives Fletcher the perfect opportunity to hang up the 100's of pairs of boots he worn through.

I don't think it's really fair to tell a player of Pears's quality to play as backup for Fletch this year. It hinder's his development big-time.

I don't think it's really fair to tell a player of Pears's quality to play as backup for Fletch this year. It hinder's his development big-time.

For anybody else he would be out the door, for fletch, Pears will stay. It's not hindering his development, it's allowed him to come back from a debilitating injury and continue his career. He will be a very very good player by the end of the year.

We are trying to keep all these young guns for a reason, and it's not to fill the gaps while Fletch has a week off. Pears has had a hard road with injury over the last couple of years, so if he gets in a good pre season and stays relatively injury free he will hold his place in the team consistently. Then we should see the talent that he has promised.
I see your point about Fletch, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him take on more of a back up role himself this year. He won't be playing 22 games and perhaps the new coaching panel will use him as an on-field coach of sorts. Actually I think he does that a bit now anyway. He knows his retirement is coming (I think) and as he bleeds red and black maybe his long term plan is to hang around the club as an assistant. I think he would be the last bloke to stand in the way of a younger player if he thought he was holding him back.

I believe Tayte Pears agreed to sign a two year deal today.
Expect paperwork to be done over the next few days, announcement more than likely early next week.

Any update on this Fogdog? Has been a while...

I think he'd be a great FF.

He'd have to be to take Joe's spot.

Even as a part timer. He just has the look of a Franklin.

■■■■ me!

Ah, the old Pears - Franklin comparisons.

fark me!

Have to respectfully decline!

post of the year!

fark me!

Have to respectfully decline!

Thank you.

LOLWUT

You're taking the ■■■■ right?

Oh blitz, you never fail to entertain

that was the funniest post ever!

the people demand more Mootsy!

The silence is deafening.

Greatest Post in New Blitz History

Can’t agree. Dell looks more like Buddy to me.

So umm, has he signed yet?