#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Opening membership packs the other day in the lounge room:

4yo daughter: “I go for the Tigers.”
Me: “Oh. Well I won’t be buying you any stuff then.”
4yo daughter: “Actually, I go for the Bombers”

B)

1 Like

My daughter when she was five "I like the pies , I might go for them " . Me " Well yes you can do that if you want , but don’t expect me to feed you anymore " . She stayed a Bomber .

Have we gone of topic ?

legit my cousins mate went for the pies because he likes pies.

I don’t have to threaten my children to support the Bombers because Tippa plays for us. No persuasion required.

Yucky Magpies is my daughter’s favourite saying. Family members have tried to get her to show interest in other teams which makes me sick. Had to stop the car recently when she started singing another song. Fortunately I got in early and our theme song did the job. Now Darcy (he wears her number 3) and Tippa have done the rest. Number 2 copies everything the older one does so she’s all good!

My dad came from a FC familly and his father used to bunk him over the fence at Princes Park when he was young as they couldn’t afford tickets. When my dad got married and moved to the Essendon area he shocked his family by switching to Essendon on the basis that Windy Hill was easier to get to. Maybe he just had a soft spot for them all his life, not sure he has since passed away so I can’t ask him. He had four boys of which I am one and they are all Bombers. My second youngest brother did follow the Bulldogs for a time but that all changed Round 1 1972 when we smashed the Bulldogs by 61 points. My brother was in tears from the banter by 3/4 time and came home a Bomber supporter and still is to this day. All my nieces and Nephews are all Bomber supporters including some in France. Thanks Dad! You saved us from FC!

My wife is a NM supporter. That said, she’s a kinder teacher and all of her students identify as barracking for the Bombers now. We have 3 kids, also Bombers.

However, my greatest victory is my now 24 year old nephew. His Collingwood supporter dad had him supporting Collingwood at roughly the age of 5. I asked my nephew what it would take for him to support the Bombers. He said $1. I gave him $2 and he is still a Bombers supporter to this day. He just got married (young I know) so I’d guess it’ll flow through to his kids.

1 Like
My wife is a NM supporter. That said, she's a kinder teacher and all of her students identify as barracking for the Bombers now. We have 3 kids, also Bombers.

However, my greatest victory is my now 24 year old nephew. His Collingwood supporter dad had him supporting Collingwood at roughly the age of 5. I asked my nephew what it would take for him to support the Bombers. He said $1. I gave him $2 and he is still a Bombers supporter to this day. He just got married (young I know) so I’d guess it’ll flow through to his kids.

Best $2 you ever spent.

My wife is a NM supporter. That said, she's a kinder teacher and all of her students identify as barracking for the Bombers now. We have 3 kids, also Bombers.

Best $2 you ever spent.

It was. I’ve actually never mentioned it to him and honestly don’t know if he remembers.

Whole family is Richmond i manged to escape

I was brought up in a Collingwood household. By the ripe old age of 5…I’d converted to being a Bomber.

I wish everybody would take the time to tell me whom their Aunty barracks for.

I wish everybody would take the time to tell me whom their Aunty barracks for.

Doesn’t watch football can’t stand it

Sooo… How bout that Mutch kid…

Sooo.. How bout that Mutch kid..

who?

Sooo.. How bout that Mutch kid..

Not mutch we can say, it being pre-season and all. We’ll be able to say mutch more once we’ve seen him in action.

PS, if you are interested, my aunty barracked for us as a kid.

All of them? Can you expand on that?

Because after the com speciousists total tear down of the club, … that’s fkn extraordinary?

Is it an EFC supporting families only Kindy? :smiley:

This thread isn’t about kobe much

I was brought up in a Collingwood household. By the ripe old age of 5....I'd converted to being a Bomber.
Is that because you were the only household member with teeth?