#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Hating comparisons are all well and good but when regular draft watchers try and describe a player and don’t mention a plays like. You get heaps of people asking, yeah but who does he play like?

It’s kinda up to you to keep in mind it’s a best case scenario.7-8/10 they get nowhere near the player.

I couldn’t think of it the other night but it just popped into my noggin. His gait reminds me of Brad Johnson’s.

Haha yes! He has a very awkward running style

I’ll go along with that.

Kobe “Do I look like other people” Mutch

4 Likes

I think I only noticed it towards the end of the third when he was tiring a bit. Heavy legs!

1 Like

5 Likes

Champion data are a cancer on football. They will have run some bullshit data match without a human being looking at a second of real-life game footage, and are now trumpeting it to the skies. Mutch and Merrett. Please.

2 Likes

McGrath and Mitchell because really really fast high jumping guy is just like big slow tank.

2 Likes

Agree the McGrath / Mitchell comparison seems way way off the mark to me .

Right now if you asked me, watching McGrath playing as a defender, I would say he plays like Michael Hibberd, I have never seen McGrath play as a midfielder, so for me its impossible for me to compare him with any midfielder. The roles they play are very very different

[quote=“Humble_Minion, post:449, topic:3763, full:true”]

[quote=“chris_64, post:434, topic:3763”]
Champion Data say he is similar to Zac Merret.Andrew McGrath is similar to Sam Mitchell,Josh Begley is similar to Jake StringerandDylan Clarke is similar to Luke Parker.
[/quote]Champion data are a cancer on football. They will have run some bullshit data match without a human being looking at a second of real-life game footage, and are now trumpeting it to the skies. Mutch and Merrett. Please.
[/quote]I actually watched some of on the couch last night for the first time (ok, I admit I couldn’t watch the cricket, I was flicking back to it all the time going “please be no more wickets”). They were talking about Carlton’s list, and King puts up that comparison of players by position and age across the league, showing Carlton are all negative. Someone pipes up with whether or not that is affected by so many in the 21-24 year old group coming from GWS where they struggled for game time and correct positions. Kingy just says with a perplexed expression “no, its players by age and position so it allows for that”. Anyone with any intelligence would realise that of course it doesn’t allow for that, or players played out of position, or the advantage of being in a strong side, or a multitude of other elements. I just shook my head.

Kingy is nothing without his spreadsheet.

FTFY

2 Likes

What was the name of the game? It isn’t Kevin Sheedy Coach is it?

fxd

3 Likes

wowsers

1 Like

EFA

I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and ■■■■ out smarter statements than some of the things Kingy says.

4 Likes

Has Koby been playing in the VFL practise matches???

Didn’t play last weekend in the VFL.

On another matter, I’m wondering what foot he chose to be his preferred side? Remember that kerfuffle?

Aaron Neville doesn’t know Mutch, but he knows he loves you.

2 Likes