#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

It’s still very early days, but this kid looks super impressive.

Mutch too early, but it would be nice if he is part of a bumper crop this year.

1 Like

I don’t know Mutch.
But I know I love him.

Been a fan for a while now.

Think we have found one here.

1 Like

Been so impressive over the last week.

1 Like

Are you guys referring to Kobe Bean Bryant

Kobe Bean Bryant (born August 23, 1978) is an American retired professional basketball player and businessman.[3] He played his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

or Kobe Been Mutch better than initially expected?

Showed some good signs yesterday going back with the flight of the ball. He rushed his disposal in his first VFL game but a good start. He Was playing wing for most of the day and he has elite endurance. He also showed signs that when his body develops he will become a classy in and under player.

Get him in

Do we reckon any chance to come in for the Melbourne game? Thinks that’s the one we might play around with the team, 5 day break and all

He played awesome in the vfl today. On of the best on ground

1 Like

I watched the 2nd half of the VFL match and was impressed. He looks coordinated on the opposite foot.

I think the only knock on him has been which foot is his opposite foot? And that he needs to pick one.

He is that sort of player that just doesn’t look likely yet they are a real goer and have natural footy nous. He looks a decent size as well.

Dangerfield kicked a vital goal on his left from outside 50 in the final quarter today - Being proficient on both sides can only be an advantage.

3 Likes

there were times in the last quarter where hed be in a contest in the forward 50, then the next minute be in the defensive 50 laying a tackle/ extracting a ball… this happened a few times, seems to have great endurance for a youngster

around the contest itself he just looks a natural, and also seems to be quite good overhead…

reckon he could turn out a pretty good player

6 Likes

He will be a good player who won’t stop getting the ball.
Not blistering pace but always getting the ball. Like Joey Misiti except a bit quicker.

2 Likes

You could give him a game in the seniors now if we wanted and he’d play exactly the same sort of game.

Will be very reliable and consistent.

The only real question is how high is his ceiling? Is it average AFL, good AFL or even better?

3 Likes

Was very impressed with his game today.

Gets the ball and moves it to advantage.
Very unlikely to turn it over.

Perfect for modern football.

3 Likes

What you just described is the role of a wing aka outside mid, which was the role he has been playing in the vfl matches. Clarke, by contrast plays as an inside mid and encounters a lot more congestion. Kobe reads the game well and gets to a lot of contests

I think the difference with most wingers and kobe is kobe seems to be at home in the contested stuff for us. I think he can be our mr reliable.

1 Like

BRING
HIM
IN.