#19 Kobe "The Eel" Mutch

Gets a heap of the ball now. Needs to improve his disposal. As gutsy as Audie Murphy.

Yes. Yes. And taller as well.

1 Like

Must be something wrong with his knees. Seem to collapse every time someone goes to tackle him. Needs to get that out of his game IMO.

Works for Joel Selwood.

You are right though, not a great look

I donā€™t think heā€™s improved at all. I like what I saw 12-18 months ago at vfl level but since then heā€™s stagnated and really looked ordinary imo. I donā€™t think heā€™ll make it, but I hope Iā€™m wrong

1 Like

Im just relying on James Kellyā€™s endorsement that this guy will be a player.

Thereā€™s no doubting Kobe and Clarke will make fantastic VFL players for a long time, but unless they significantly improve on some of their deficiencies theyā€™ll be stuck at that level in our system, such is the strength of our list and our recruiting.

1 Like

Fer Cryinā€™ out loud. The kidā€™s 20yo . Give him a go.

2 Likes

Worth noting that he had a bad concussion this season, missed several weeks and couldnā€™t train without getting migraines/headaches. Thatā€™ll knock you around a bit.

He certainly needs to learn how to protect himself a bit better. I thought he was decent in his AFL games and I suspect the bigger grounds will suit him too. Heā€™s a natural footy magnet, the rest will hopefully fall into place for him.

8 Likes

He certainly doesnā€™t receive a lot of protection from the umpires

Facts! WTF are facts doing in this discussion?

Add another concussion, a broken nose, and whack to the jaw that saw him taken to hospital.

Goes in hard does The Eel.

3 Likes

Yeah but besides the facts, has he improved?

Yes. Yes he has.

I know that 'boot, having a go at others who create an opinion lacking any facts.

I know mate. Thatā€™s why I yessed twice.

2 Likes

Wait, eels have jaws and a nose?

1 Like

Do you actually offer any opinions of any weight about the club or players, or are you purely here just go around potting other posters you donā€™t agree with?

I think he hasnā€™t improved, very much at all. If you donā€™t agree with it thatā€™s fine, just stop patronising everyone you donā€™t agree with

10 Likes

I rate mutch i think his inside game has improved. I think heā€™ll make it if given opportunity at senior level and will be a tough consistent player that is dependable.

lol why did you assume I was referring to you?

As for trotting out the line that I offer nothing on players, maybe read a few threads first instead of using a line that is low on facts. But then you tend to post with very little facts so that is your modus operandi.

Remember The Truth will set you free.