1993 Grand Final - Did Silvagni touch Long's kick for goal?

Yes indeed, but as RTBC pointed out, was it over the line?

1 Like

Yes

Who cares?

I know, I know. It’s just that it must be one of the most inspirational goals in a Grand Final ever, Dustin putting the ball in the centre from the kick in, Longy’s explosive pace and 4 bounces.

Silvagni carrying on like he did, and no reviews, just kinda puts a damper on it.

But, yeah we woulda flogged em either way so who freaking cares!

2 Likes

Where have you been VD?

All we’ve got is memories now, mate.

1 Like

I was front row right behind the goals that day. Couldn’t tell if it was touched the crowd was screaming that loud. I have always said it was a goal and a great goal at that. God I loved Longy.

4 Likes

I took a hiatus, Zim, that’s all.

On his roof, I suspect

5 Likes

Ha ha ha you still know me. :rofl:

Who cares? The game needs theater and that was an amazing moment

Only the grinch would call that a behind

3 Likes

To be fair to SOS he may have touched it, but he would have no idea if the ball had already crossed or not in doing so.

3 Likes

Nope… Looking at that vision I didn’t see him anywhere near the ball!

That’s bird territory. He deserves all he gets. The shotgun he takes up there probably doesn’t help, either.

1 Like

No body ever takes me seriously when I say Alessio kicked a goal in 1996 prelim with two minutes to go, which was given as a point (touched).

Did anyone remember it? Or agree with me?

1 Like

reincarnated, is there a youtube of it? If so could you put it up please?

Nice to have you back mate, the place has almost been boring without you.

1 Like

I’ll do my best to make it interesting, lifetime. :wink:

1 Like

100% touched about 1 foot before it crossed the goal line. Look in the video below at 1.04 and the deflection is clear, the ball spin slows down and floats differently after that.

1 Like

Thanks for that different look at it, dons thru n thru. Very interesting.