2 Andrew Stephens 16 Brendan Hosking 25 Shaun Ryan and making sense of their destruction

Yes, but he is an Essendon player. Different rules apply. 100% will not be cited, if even looked at and mentioned.

Yesterday wasn’t even the worst ANZAC day umpiring we’ve had. The big difference is that it was close so it seems like it cost us more than normal but it was very much par for the course.

4 Likes

You know what’s going to happen at the Cats game (the scene of the crime)… supporters won’t be booing Gary (the brilliant player that he is), they’ll be unmercifully baying for umpire blood the moment a free quick isn’t paid or an incorrect decision is made. And seriously, this sh_t has been going on for too long. I hope that’s what supporters do. That being said, you’d expect the AFL to have their best men officiate Essendon games for the next few weeks. If not, they’re asking for trouble.

Ablett will be shielded from boos by Selwood. Though Gil the Dill did well this morning by not demanding we stop booing.

1 Like

It’s a lot harder to hear the 10 people who attend Northern Bloos games to be fair.

1 Like

I predict the Cheer squad will become the Jeer Squad and they’ll be backed up by 60,000 disgruntled Dons, I would not want to be an umpire for the country match.

This!
We have been screwed by umps and afl for years… I gave up on believing it would ‘even itself out’ years ago.

• Hird pointed the finger at McClaren for a reason
2 Likes

Yes the commentators thought Hep was getting the free! Hard to see any diff between that one and Ridley on Brown in the last minutes.

And you have Cox v Hooker - once Cox gets free. Then later Cox facing backwards holds Hooker allowing another Collingwood player to lead. Commentators praise Cox’s knowledge of screening from basketball!

4 Likes
5 Likes

My annoyance is they didn’t pay high frees to Tippa because he “ducked”, then they pay that one to Pendles.

Be consistent.

3 Likes

Shame shame shame umpires

Oh look, Greg Baum says we’ve gone too far.

Essendon the pioneers yet again. First club to get fined for staging and penalised for going to do a spear tackle, calling players weak dogs, demonstrative demeanours, etc, etc.

Such a groundbreaking club.

10 Likes

HOLY ■■■■.

Soooo triggered. Pulse rate through the roof.

3 Likes

And that was only half of them

2 Likes

another thing that’s gone under the radar so far, howe gets a fine for rough conduct on the sling tackle on ridley,yet again the umpires didn’t even pay a free for it.
but yeah pesky essendon people for booing pendlbury.

2 Likes

Almost every “sling” tackle would be eliminated if the umps paid HTB when it should be paid.

How can you have rules that a) reward the ball player for holding onto the ball whilst being swung around 360 degrees, and b) penalise the tackling player if they swing them 360 degrees and their head hits the turf?

Get rid of the Chris Judd 360 degrees crap. Pay holding the ball much earlier.
Voila, no more slings.

8 Likes

The dude could have spent little bit of time and captured all of it.

Heppell and Stringer in the back. Tackle by the leg on McKenna and Shiel, Three high tackles on Tippa, Stringer non-fifty, Sling tackle on Ridldy etc

3 Likes

I agree in part with this.

To me the Pendles one was 50/50, sometimes it’s paid, sometimes it’s not, depending on whether the player going for the ball moves his head down at the last minute and also dependant on the force they are met with. In this case, I don’t think he ducked at the last moment, he went in with his head down - I don’t think he was met with much force, so it’s 50/50… The worst thing was the obvious flop backwards after minimal contact.

The worst of the lot.

Looks to be missing a chromosome

11 Likes