2 Andrew Stephens 16 Brendan Hosking 25 Shaun Ryan and making sense of their destruction

Don’t forget Rushed Behind…

Do they have to reveal who they barracked for as a kid? It would be interesting to know.

They were never kids.

1 Like

Yep it was a 50/50 & if they were paying 50/50’s it probably wouldn’t have been a problem. When they deliberately ignore the 100% no questions asked should have been a clear free to EFC but give the 50/50’s to Collingwood you have to wonder why. Its not just yesterday either, we seem to have forgotten very similar bewildering non calls last year & lets face it most years on ANZAC Day. I know its a very old wound but 1996 was worse, 38-16 frees that day & we led for more than 3 qtrs of the game.

Remember last year against the Swans after the non holding the ball call when Tippa tackled Jones? The crowd were seriously angry after that & thats the same emotion we saw yesterday.

The club need to at the very least come out & make it known that we have some serious concerns with the way we are being umpired. It doesn’t have to be an all out attack but a statement along the lines of “we need to know what the rules are because we are teaching our players to tackle & they are not being rewarded & we are also telling them they need to correctly dispose of the ball when tackled but we are not seeing that enforced against our opponents. If the rules are being interpreted differently we need to adjust our coaching”.

3 Likes

What a sanctimonious load of ■■■■.

3 Likes

Goes back earlier than that - to the disgraceful suspension or Coleman that cost us a flag (would have been our 3rd in a row I think). He’d been belted all day - no free kicks, no report - and then finally retaliated.

So they nailed him.

He had a visceral hatred of umpires from then on I believe.

5 Likes

The first 3 quarters of 1996 was actually worse.

2 Likes

Convince me there was not a directive to fix this game. The number of obvious decisions that went against us defys statistical aberration. It was a planned and executed stitch up. Somebody big had money on the line. And if that’s what the game has become I am not sure I am interested anymore.

12 Likes

After the howler during the Port vs North game, surely a more comprehensive review on umpiring needs to be done now?

Ruining the game.

7 Likes

At the very least, bringing the game into disrepute.

1 Like

Last night Nathan Brown on his sportsbet ‘ad’ said they had a promotion that if your team goes 12 points up we pay you out. To avoid paying out on both teams the umpires kept us out of it so one of their major sponsors wouldn’t have a huge payout on their hands…

4 Likes

But TBF we made some monumental mistakes in the last few minutes. We could have/ should have won even with the maggots incompetence.

6 Likes

Collingwood in 2018 at the top of the free kick discrepancies with 99 more free kicks for than against . Why the obvious armchair ride . Average of about 4 more per game is a lot . Enough to tip close games . Why the favouritism.

9 Likes

Add the free kicks that should have been paid against them and weren’t and the differential would be much, much higher.

4 Likes

Yep, those umpires should be subject to an integrity check from a standing integrity unit to overview AFL umpiring. Gambling on the AFL is being normalised to kids with ads shown prior to and during the game - i.e., some idiot with his legs on two basketballs saying ‘pay them out early,’ What does the AFL think people will start to think when this sort of umpiring takes place? That games are being rigged because of money placed on them! Nothing worse for sport than seeing a team lift itself to become unexpectedly competitive then have that spirit denied by presumptively corrupt officials. That’s really what the booing was about, but the AFL won’t admit it.

4 Likes

Agree we didn’t take our chances but the umpires did all they could do to stop us winning. Probably more than they could considering the outrage after the match.

1 Like

Are AFL likely to make a statement regarding the umpiring review or do we just wait and see if the umpires get dropped to guess what was decided?

This picture is such a bad look. No wonder people suspect conspiracies.

6 Likes