2 Dylans are better than 1, but wait there's more... - The Team: ESSENDON v HAWTHORN MRVL , 7:50pm AEST Friday, June 14, 2019

Stringer coming back in more or less forces Francis out, although that would have been more unarguable if Mitch Brown had been selected. Which is probably a sign Woosha is focussed on seeing if Lav and Begs are a part of the future, as well as providing a bit of grunt against the Hawks with stints in the midfield as well.

Francis getting confidence in the VFL and breaking down the door for the firsts will probably be better for him than him staying in the firsts out of position.

I like McGrath being named in the back pocket with McNiece being dropped, so he can help Saad deal with the Hawks small forwards, and Redman can go to Breust if needed too. It also opens up a spot for Clarke to stay in the midfield.

Clarke retained is a fair signal that Woosha is going to try to accommodate him with Heppell, Merrett, Sheil, Parish, Langford, Zaharakis, Guelfi and the forwards rotating through the middle.

Woosha is getting more Blitz friendly with each round at the moment, finally going with a younger profile side without Bags, Myers, McNiece or Brown.

If we can win and keep winning with this side I am happy. Structurally though I am looking forward to Stewart coming back and hopefully finding some form to strengthen our spine this year and maybe even make Stringer more dangerous if Stewart and Smack are playing well and helping Jake get less attention and a less able defender playing on him.

7 Likes

I think I like this team over the one supposedly at full strength v Geelong.

7 Likes

LAV

5 Likes

We have pretty much lost all our first quarters this year bar a couple. So given we had the bye. I say we are totally Farked

1 Like

If LAV buries that flog Sicily in a tackle then gives him a mouthful as he stands over his crippled body my year will be complete

38 Likes

Deleted.

Something something, umpiring something something.

Yesss. Letā€™s rough em up a bit and get some mongrel back in the team. Need a few of the boys to run straight to sicily before the first bounce and show him we wonā€™t take no ā– ā– ā– ā– . Line in the sand game anyone.

2 Likes

it would work too. When teams get stuck into sicily he becomes very undisciplined and goes off the boil. Hope we do it, but sadly Iā€™m not holding my breath

2 Likes

Careful. Youā€™ll get evicted

5 Likes

I know exactly what you mean. Iā€™ve been calling him Anxario Feartasia, ā€¦

ā€¦ Pls donā€™t get hurt pls donā€™t get hurt pls donā€™t get hurt, ā€¦ :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yeah if we want to make any kind of early statement I want to see both smack and lav go straight to Sicily as they are going to there positions and niggle him up.

1 Like

I reckon picking Stringer, Lav and Begley and keeping Clarke will make us harder to push around. I suspect things could become pretty willing.

3 Likes

Great inā€™s!

Had always thought Francis & McNeice would go out.

I had Begley too though who can consider himself very lucky however. Baguley was far better than him last week but as Woosha indicated it is about the roles.

I think as Raz is only just back from injury they will not give him any stints through midfield, will stay closer to goal. And Begley offers more up the ground than what Bags does.

Still think we missing Brown but after so long out a run around in 2ā€™s prob a must do.

Should be a cracker contest.

Sicily is going to get well riled up by Stringer, Smack and Lav! Finish him!

Pumped.

7 Likes

I wish Sicily had another name. Not good for Sicilians.

CAN FANTASIA PLAY THE REST OF THE SEASON UNHAMPERED PLEASE LORD JESUS GOD SIR.

30 Likes

Donā€™t discount Begley, he has 2cm and 10kg on Sicily, even Walla could give it to him given Sicily is smaller than Dangerfield by a fair margin. Rambrose has been venturing forward a bit lately too. We have a lot of options to upset Sicily.

Why not use severalā€¦

3 Likes

Right off the bone most likely.

3 Likes

Yeah I would maybe kept one backā€¦but our fitness staff know what they are doing. Look at JD and Smithā€¦ohh wait, were Farked

2 Likes

Gleeson. We need Gleeson.

2 Likes