#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

Some of the best precision tap work I’ve ever seen from him.

Bringing back the old Jeff White “Punch it forward” was a neat trick, too.

He’s very, very important for us in these finals. The stage is set for big Tommy.

5 Likes

Superb from Tommy. Not just the tapwork either. Some crucial marks too.

1 Like

I reckon he could give us a chance vs sydney. Absolutely brilliant yesterday

Hun Stats show 38 hitouts, and 16 to advantage. His opponent , very few to advantage. I guess thats how we managed to beat the much vaunted Freo midfield by about 10 clearances. Jobe was very good s well.

2 Likes

I’m changing my nickname for him for the finals to “the key”.

1 Like

How about the centre ‘tap’ towards Colyer on the edge of the square!

3 Likes

Fumbles did receive a lot of good taps.

I thought he was best on ground. He single handedly got us back on top when Freo got a run on. In the 3rd quarter it was something like 8 clearances to 0. Belly started tapping the ball wider, and got us first use, his ruckwork was first class. Not only that he got involved in the play with some important handballs and body work.

Merret was very good also, but it was Belly who got us back on top.

2 Likes

Career best form. Who would have picked that?

2 Likes

definitely not me I wanted him delisted at start of year

Very very happy to be proven wrong

Watching the replay he was clearly one of the main reasons we won, tapwork was brilliant and is getting involved in contested clearances as well

the handball on his knees to Zerrett to kick it from 50, just beautiful

Amazing what he’s capable of when he gets the body right. Been very important in a lot of our wins. Especially those against Port, Saints and this week against Freo.

3 Likes

No idea.

1 Like

You won’t need to knock the Bell when you have “The Key”!

Said a while ago I think he is our barometer. When he has played really well we have won very well. He is vital against Sydney. Good on him very pleased because I didn’t see it coming but well done Belly.

1 Like

No doubt about this.

I am super impressed with his year but he is not our barometer. He has played very well the past two weeks, but as a team we have been nothing but average since the Saints game.

How ■■■■■■ good was this guy tonight?

Was arguably the biggest factor in us playing as well through the middle as we did.

Kicked a massive goal and held Jacobs in check all night long.

Has an entire season like that and he is AA. Simple.

6 Likes

Great start. Keep it coming.

1 Like

DING

DONG

credit to @westozziebomber for pointing out earlier in the week how important it was that he had a big game to give our mids a chance