#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

I liked when about 19 GWS players surrounded and jumper-punched him, and he just laughed.

Plus, every year he looks more and more like Mark Bradtke. Needs the late 80s mullet to complete the look.

2 Likes

Do you mean a saw horse?

1 Like

DING DONG

2 Likes

First thing i thought when they said he did a calf was-

TOM YOU SICK BASTARDO!!

Brilliant game as a ruckman against highly rated opponent. By the end of the game Nankervis was his ■■■■■.

4 Likes

Kudos to this bloke. He is in ripping form. Easily BOG for mine last night. Towelled Nankervis. Not his fault that our players cleared the ball & kicked it consistently to their spare defenders in our forward line. Having a great season, Belly.

7 Likes

hope he’s alright, had ice on his calf at the end of the game

He is one of the players the bye should help immensely

1 Like

The tapwork on this bloke.

It’s absolutely elite atm.

4 Likes

Looks absolutely spent. Don’t reckon he backs up too well from game to game and needs a spell after a block of matches.

In fairness Stef Martin is an aerobic beast for a ruck. Belly would have been run around the ground all day

2 Likes

Same problem at 3/4 time against the tigers. Is clearly playing with tight calves. Its stopping him from jumping . The bye has come just in time.

1 Like

The thing is, he’s actually never been great at it, until this season

Do we have a ruck coach? Who’s been teaching him? You don’t just suddenly start being that good at it 10 years into your career

Mark Jamar still involved at the club?

Yep

He was good last year too. Got slapped a few times, but the quality of taps when he got them has gotten pretty good.

Also, yes, plenty of rucks improve pretty late. Ryder only really got good after about 8 years, Martin was nothing until about 28, just as a couple of examples. It happens a fair bit with ruckmen.

1 Like

The Russian is still the ruck coach I believe. But this is the first time in years that Tommy has had a decent block of games without nasty foot injuries ortime out of the game.

2 Likes

Draper got (real) good at taps to advantage in his first year…

1 Like

Thought he did really really well. He looked exhausted but still gave it his all.

In the best form of his career

1 Like

Shouldn’t have played this week.

Poor selection.