#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

I would like to see Draper get some games with Belly, they can rest at FF.

I think we can afford to have 2 big blokes while JOEDAN is injured.

Draper is fairly mobile, can compete and needs to get some games.

1 Like

Heā€™s cooked

2 Likes

Ports 3 first gamers showed more heart than some of our 200 gamers ever had on the weekend.
Loved that stuff from them on Gawn on the weekend no doubt unsettled him

Bellchambers form aside, people on here who have no idea outside their Essendon fandom bubble were talking about Dawson Simpson as if he were Jason Blake. Dawson Simpsonā€™s only problem has been that he always breaks down. Whenever he has been fit he has been one of the better tap ruckmen in the comp. Look at how he went last year before going down.

2 Likes

Really???
I mean, really???
From Essington???
Really???

2 Likes

A liability.

His non existent second efforts made me want to punch a hole in the wall.

2 Likes

His performances are far too erratic.

He seems to be a player that needs to be challenged externally, to justify good performances.

For a senior player, that simply isnā€™t good enough. And I think Zaharakis is in the same boat. The fact that they both havenā€™t been in contention for the leadership groupā€¦ speaks volumes.

He had a surprisingly good year last season. Yesterday is what I will be expecting his form to be like for most of this year, bar 1 or 2 solid performances to keep retaining his spot

Given his ankle injury limits his training ability and he is 30 in July this year. Could he be on a fast downward spiral this year. And if we donā€™t recognise it early we could be in serious trouble by mid season.

His ability to perform is a key part of our side, if he canā€™t we need to start rolling with the alternatives and fast. Get Draper some game time and Clarke to get up to AFL speed.

Unfortunately Belly is overrated around these parts, personally I think he likes the taste of his own bath water.
One thing I do like about him is his will to ā€˜fly the flagā€™ for his mates, unfortunately we are a soft side these days and heā€™s one that has a dip. Reality is tho, you need to be able to play the game.

2 Likes

Rocks a mean set of three quarter length chinos.

Draper and Zlark might be a more interesting combination than TBell & Smack.
We really missed a tall forward target and a ruck that can actually run

2 Likes

Agree!

All busted Simpson can do is tap.
Expected Belly to dominate around the ground, and actually run off Simpson.
Remind me, how many marks did Belly take?
( Iā€™ll give a hint - it was a number smaller then one)

Bring Draper in. Play Belly forward

Did anyone actually watch Clark on the jtl. He doesnā€™t play.

He didnā€™t play well but he did come sixth in the b&f. Be crazy to drop him now.

Yeah no way should we drop TBC

Bit harsh on Tommy imo. He had his best year of his career last year and after an interrupted preseason people want to drop him after round 1 for a 20 year old. I think that would be a poor selection decision.

1 Like

Ah well, you donā€™t see many of them poor selection decisions round here.