#2 Tom Bellchambers 🛎

People underestimate the amount of training and conditioning that goes into a fight like that.

Not sure if everyone heard, but Bellchambers had been in the gym for three whole weeks.

Three weeks!

24 Likes

Wasn’t aware of that.

Pretty impressive. Do you think he was doing 7 days straight, or just Monday -Friday?

He’d been living on nothing but Powersauce bars.

9 Likes

massive, massive lol at the contrast between gaze and dixon’s energy a few seconds into the fight vs the end of it

6 Likes

i’m fairly certain boxing isn’t governed or promoted by the afl

2 Likes

The punch before should’ve stopped the fight. Darce was fried at that point.

Tyrion energy during viper vs the mountain

4 Likes

I know Tom had the size but he was always slow and lumbering so i thought mooney would have had him for speed. I also kinda expected Mooney not to be so ■■■■ considering he was the one that initiated it all.

After watching the highlights and lost fight interview, it seems like they were both legit trying to become boxers.

Moons looked like he had some technique, but no defence. TBell with the size, tho Mooney not much shorter surprisingly.

Good on them if they trying to transition to another sport, but I reckon they’d get cleaned up by someone with just a little experience.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s about transitioning to another sport, I think it’s just about making a quick buck. They’re never going to be professional boxers at their age, but name recognition still might be getting them a paycheque to be on the undercard somewhere as a novelty celebrity matchup. Shane Tuck did the same. I remember seeing his name on a poster a long time ago, doing an exhibition fight against a serious female boxer.

2 Likes

He is probably after one fight ranked in Australia’s Top 10 Heavyweights

1 Like

Yeah, Tuck fought 5 times ‘professionally’.

I remember reading in his first fight he got stretchered off after a brutal KO where a few ring side observers were worried he was dead. Turns out he may actually have suffered a concussion from sparring a couple of weeks prior to the fight and really shouldn’t have been in there at all. Given his post mortem diagnosis, you’d have to think it likely it did him a bit of harm of top of any AFL head knocks he recieved.

I have no problem with old football players making their own decisions and going in the ring, but don’t think it particularly smart and you should probably sign a waiver for any AFL liability in the future. I’d try to talk my son out of it and couldn’t imagine wanting to get punched in the face now I’m mid (…late-ish) 40’s.

Anyway.

DING DONG!!!

I hear he next faces Andrew Demetriou. Also hearing rumours of prospective bouts against Sam Mitchell and Caroline Wilson.

6 Likes

If Mitch Robinson wants to take Belchambers on - bring it on!! Would love to see that loonie go down like a bag of …

1 Like

Lol, yeah it was stark. No points for guessing who they were going for!

If you volunteer to get your brain factory reset for fun, absolutely you’re an idiot.

3 Likes

And if you weren’t an idiot before, you shouldn’t expect your IQ to go up afterward…

1 Like

It’s complex - if concussions during an AFL career have been mismanaged (relative to best practices at the time), should choices post AFL career completely waive liability for that mismanagement?

I don’t think they should.

What im struggling with is why this fight even had to exist?

Boxing is stupid

2 Likes