#2 Tom Bellchambers šŸ›Ž

Ok, lets be a little fair. You and several others have said heā€™s had no continuity and/or been rubbish for four years.

In 2013 he was fantastic.
In 2014 he was injury struck.
In 2015 he really struggled, possibly due to injury, and then was out with injury.
In 2016 he was banned.

Unless weā€™re treating Belly differently from others in respect of 2016, heā€™s had two bad seasons, both plagued with injury.

1 Like

Stop bringing facts and reason to arguments.

You know its an unfair advantage

1 Like

Im no good to you. I was watching from a distance as Jobe, Heppel and few other guys came out and the kids wanted autographs. I was probably more interested in tracking the guys who didnt have numbers as i was looking for Peart but apparently he is unlikely this year.

1 Like

Sorry, he has had no continuity for 3 and a bit years now, and had injuries/poor form prior to 2013.

so from 2009 to 2015 inclusive he has had one good season and been either average to poor in form or struggled with injuries. So I exaggerated the 6 week stretch but nothing else I said was incorrect.

From 2011 onwards he has played 13, 16, 18, 8 and 10 games in the season. He struggles to stay on the park and having now only played 18 matches in 3 years and the position he plays, I canā€™t see him getting anywhere near his potential/2013 form. He is a guy who like Ryder need to play ruck 90% of the game but he simply canā€™t.

In 2011 and 2012 he was a 21/22 year old ruck with two older, established rucks in Hille and Ryder in front of him. Getting those games was a testimony to how well he was progressing, not a knock.

1 Like

He played two games there in recent years, had 150 and 135 dreamteam points! IIRC, he had something like 40 disposals and 3 goals versus Box Hill.

3 Likes

TBell needs back-up ??

Sam Draper, come on down.

At least his form is consistent.

1 Like

Given Crowā€™s comment that Bellchambersā€™ minutes on the ground will be managed for the VFL Practice match (cf Hooker whom he said would play the full game), I would expect that he is no chance of playing round 1.

2 Likes

Its ok, apparently you can just ignore the facts these days to build your argument.

Milham will save us.

No, you just make up you own facts.

1 Like

Just get Belly to play a half Friday then put him in cotton wool.

Agree. Looks unlikely to be sure.

That was when Hird was trying that ridiculous 3 ruckman strategy. And in those games it proves that Bellchambers and Ryder were very average unless they were in the ruck 90% of the time

Ffs just send Jamar outā€¦anyone with a problem can take it up with him

10 Likes

I reckon Bellchambers is better when heā€™s rucking for only 50% of the game. Heā€™s not the type ruckman that goes better rucking in his own.
Heā€™s not suited to playing with Looney because Looney needs long minutes in the ruck.
But TBell and Smack might be a handy combo

3 Likes

Fair enough, agree to disagree on that one. I think he needs to start in the ruck and majority there. Time will tell

I think he just needs to start.

3 Likes

be nice to see where heā€™s at, i mean you can write of myers playing 250 games because hes a walking anatomy 101 class.