#20 Jackson Merrett

He couldn’t get into the side in 2016, Stokes, who had absolutely no future with the club was getting played over him. Papers were stamped then.

2018, still here, and in the side. Where the fark is this club going.

8 Likes

I heard he’s a good bloke.

1 Like

I feel a bit sorry for him. He has some ability but I think he’s a good lesson in believing/backing yourself. He’s the antithesis of his brother. It’s between the ears for him. The second Orazio is fit he’ll replace him and that’ll be the end of it.

5 Likes

Totally agree. No confidence at afl level. The way he attacks it at vfl is totally different. Why he doesn’t get a crack on a wing is baffling. Thats where he plays his best footy. Probably won’t get another chance. Harsh considering he has played as a small forward in our team the last 2 weeks. Eddie betts would struggle to get near it in our team right now

1 Like

When did we stop playing players to their strengths instead of shifting them around all over
and then blaming them for not being stars? I’m not saying that versatility is a bad thing, its handy to be able to shift players in the even of an injury, but; what the hell has happened at the EFC???

2 Likes

some ability what ability does he possess?

seriously this is what Essendon is famous for…wasting list spots on guys with some ability lol

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Van Unen got more game time today than Jackson.

2 Likes

Who?

2 Likes

I can handle mistakes, nerves etc no problem but i can not forgive a lack of effort from a guy who should be fighting to save his career (which should be over as of today)

The absolutely feeble pathetic display of “pressure” and chasing from Jackson today was deplorable
It takes no skill to chase and stick to the task

I feel sorry for him. Shouldn’t have been selected and looked like he didn’t think he belonged either.

4 Likes

Stick a fork in him, he’s done

/delist

It’s really quite unbelievable. Imagine a professional side like Geelong or Hawthorn keeping Jacko on their list for that long.

80% TOG not enough?

junk

A professional side like Geelong or Hawthorn would have developed him properly. When he came to the club he was good. He seems to have got worse every year.
He used to be a good goal kicker.
I think he is symptomatic of the problems with our club. Poor development. None of our players have come on like they should have.
I hope he goes to another club at the end of the year. I would be interested to see what another club may get do with his development.

3 Likes

What did you lot expect. He is fkn garbage. It’s a indictment on the coaching staff we played him

Never play him again

7 Likes

when clarke gets a game we’ll spend the rest of our lives wondering why woosh had jerrett in this game and not him

1 Like

Until Clarke goes backwards because we cant develop his game properly either

4 Likes

No wondering needed

One is an inside mid. One is a quick small fwd/wing who came into the side when Fantasia was injured and did so only because other depth players ahead of him are also injured/building fitness in 2’s.

Next thing people will be commenting as to why Ridley or Draper didn’t get a game over Jerrett

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree with this more.
I blame player development more than the players ability to play the game. When drafted all these kids know how to play footy, hence why we draft them. It’s what happens at the clubs after the kids get drafted that determines how good they can be.
We have a serious issue with player development just like Carlton does.
We can load up on as many number 1 picks as we like but we still ain’t going far if we can’t develop these kids to fulfill their potential.
And as scorpio said it’s teams like hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney that consistently do it.

3 Likes