#20 Jackson Merrett

I certainly do not want him back on the list, but if I was picking for spots in my team between him and Tom Cutler …

1 Like

You’re right, he had 35 touches against Carlton - R3 2014.

Yep - exactly that.
Round 1: 21 touches in a 61 point loss vs Gold Coast
Round 2: 28 touches in win vs Melbourne
Round 3: 7 touches & a goal in a 61 point loss vs Port

Dropped for 8 weeks.

Round 15: 23 touches in 78 point loss vs West Coast

Dropped for 5 weeks.

Plays 1 game in his first season on the list. Then 13, 14 & 15 game seasons under Hird/Thompson. Then just 13 games under 3 seasons of Woosh. Keep in mind, that 13 game season was 2013 when we were on fire - he played in 11 wins 2 losses.

Classic player development failing example IMO - looked very promising early on, plateaued then fell away.

12 Likes

Didn’t we bring him in to keep the confidence, develop the kids, this is so much up a ■■■■ up

You need some BOVRIL.

1 Like

Yep, that was Round 3, 2014 when we annihilated the Blues on a Sunday night.

1 Like

He was classy but couldn’t win a one on one

1 Like

Apparently playing at Koroit next year.

Going for a top side rather than his hometown cellar-dweller club in Cobden.

1 Like

Had bim at 40 to 1 as 1st goal kicker on Anzac day one year. Marked about 35 metres out and didn’t make the distance. It went off the side of his boot and Daniher marked in the picked and goaled. Everyone was cheering except my pocket :sob:

9 Likes

Isn’t Koroit Marty Gleeson’s home side?

2 Likes

Even truer: Worsher had no idea.

2 Likes

Yep

The once proud Cobden Bombers miss out on home grown talent.

And Willem Drew and Joe McLaren (ex- St Kilda) who only retired a couple of years back at age 39.

There is an article in the Ballarat Courier that he is going to play for East Point in the Ballarat Football League (former club of Dan Jordan and Nick Hind)

2 Likes