2000 Grand Final - 20 years ago today

You’re younger than me?!???!?!?!

Well there you go.

Also it’s no longer grey, it’s Sutton Silver.

1 Like

Mum: “Your plan of doing the prematch entertainment and sneaking off afterwards wont work”

Me just before the bounce: “Pick us up from Sunbury station tonight”

How the ■■■■ are you younger than me.

Because you’re old AF?

What a year. Footy seemed so much simpler back then!

1 Like

You show your age given the bloke in your profile pic had already left the club 20 years ago… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You sound old.

3 Likes

I was so nervous pre-game, I reckon I downed 10 drinks at the royal before I even got into the ground. Was blind by quarter time.

My memory of the final siren, is me jumping out of my seat, and watching in slow motion as my full beer left it’s cup, and landed all over the poor bomber fan in front of me. (I still feel really bad for that person.)

From that point, things got messy.

(But to answer your question, no, we never made it to essendon, despite our best intentions to.)

1 Like

Um, I have a clear memory of my younger brother getting drenched in beer at the siren…

I was at the Royal! My memory is messy too. I did get an Essendon tattoo on the Monday.

1 Like

If your younger brother was mid 40’s in 2000, and a woman, it might be the same incident.

1 Like

I am totally convinced the footy world was so salty bitter about us they did a collective jinx and we are where we are at thanks to them (and poor management).

After PTSD of 99, my first emotion after the siren in 2000 was relief. Blessed sweet relief.

3 Likes

HOLY ■■■■ IT WAS YOU

1 Like

Small world

20 ■■■■■■■ years ago. Where has the time gone?

1 Like

It was. You got the most Money in, rorted the salary cap to buy lots of good players and keep them, & you won flags.

Worked well,… just like the EPL :smirk:

1 Like

Appropriate

Solly,Hardwick,Wallis,Barnard,2x Johnnos-Tough

HOW FARKIN TOUGH WAS THAT SIDE!!

2 Likes

Not all EPL clubs do that to win titles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like