2014 Season Fixture leaks

As long as we get to play Adelaide in Melbourne for the first time this century I will be happy. Can't even remember the last time we played them down here!

I do. Telstra dome about 07-08, they kicked I think 11.0 to half timeand maybe finishe righted up on 20.3 or something - Knights & Tippett basically could not miss.

We kicked 16.8 or something and never really in it.

You are right about adelaide's freakish kicking, but EFC lead by 3 goals in either the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

How do Geelong get nearly every game at home as a night game… just because they got power last year

As long as we get to play Adelaide in Melbourne for the first time this century I will be happy. Can't even remember the last time we played them down here!

I do. Telstra dome about 07-08, they kicked I think 11.0 to half timeand maybe finished up on 20.3 or something - Knights & Tippett basically could not miss.

It was 09, I went to the game with mrs ivan on a second date of sorts. Actually it was more a case of me saying id like to see you again this weekend but I am going to the footy tomorrow so if you would like to see me you will have to come to that. She took the attitude, well I like this guy and this is obviously a thing so I better get used to it.

Crows are pushing for 3 Thursday night games at the new Adelaide Oval.

They are also pushing for Good Friday Football, hate the ■■■■■■ but hopefully they have the balls to keep pressuring Andy D and the god botherers to get it happening. Its about time we get into the 21st century and play on the most boring day of the year. SANFL started Good Friday games and the crowd is approximately double of a normal round game

They are also pushing for Good Friday Football, hate the ■■■■■■ but hopefully they have the balls to keep pressuring Andy D and the god botherers to get it happening. Its about time we get into the 21st century and play on the most boring day of the year. SANFL started Good Friday games and the crowd is approximately double of a normal round game

So, 4,000? 

good friday football in the city of churches - i'd enjoy the irony of that.

So, 4,000?
South were the only team interested in hosting Good Friday games, they have probably the lowest supporter base in Adelaide and usually only get 1-2000 at home games, reckon they had about 5,000 this year and weather wasnt great.
Plenty of neutrals such as myself went.
Crows would attract 50,000 on Good Friday

Ive lived here for 40 years and still dont understand that title we have, biggest myth going around, there are stuff all churches in Adelaide

As long as we get to play Adelaide in Melbourne for the first time this century I will be happy. Can’t even remember the last time we played them down here!

I do. Telstra dome about 07-08, they kicked I think 11.0 to half timeand maybe finished up on 20.3 or something - Knights & Tippett basically could not miss.
As I recall one of the Motlops had a day out. Probably one of the very few that year.
Don’t think they’ve ever had a Motlop
Quite right. Was thinking of a Port game (perhaps around the same time).
Senior moment. 

Ive lived here for 40 years and still dont understand that title we have, biggest myth going around, there are stuff all churches in Adelaide

From Wiki:

Early Adelaide was shaped by religious freedom and a commitment to political progressivism and civil liberties, which led to the moniker "City of Churches".

From Wiki:
Early Adelaide was shaped by religious freedom and a commitment to political progressivism and civil liberties, which led to the moniker "City of Churches".
Well there you go, never knew that

So far:

Round 1 Kangaroos at Etihad away.  Round 3: Carlton and double ups against pies,  blues and tigers.  Looking like the 2012 draw again. Didn't we start with the Roos and then Blues in round 3?

So what we have is

Round 1 : North Melbourne (away)

Round 3 : Carlton (home)

Round 5 : Collingwood (home)

I'll expect they chuck in an away trip round 2 (and I'm guessing it'll be WCE)

So what we have is

I reckon that's a pretty good start. 

Edit:  Intredasting...ANZAC Day is on a Friday, and the previous Friday is Good Friday so no games on that day.  The pessimist in me is thinking Round 4 will be a Saturday night in Freo.  Although maybe a Thursday night in Adelaide would not be too bad?

From Wiki:

maybe not so ironic then - interesting.

So what we have is

I reckon that's a pretty good start. 

Edit:  Intredasting...ANZAC Day is on a Friday, and the previous Friday is Good Friday so no games on that day.  The pessimist in me is thinking Round 4 will be a Saturday night in Freo.  Although maybe a Thursday night in Adelaide would not be too bad?

I think ANZAC Day will fall on Round 6 this year, also our away game.

I don't mind playing Carlton early. We've had a good run against them in round 3/4, haven't lost that match since 2007.
Was hoping for a massive Round 1 match against Hawthorn or Geelong at the G. A home game where Fletch can break the record and we announce ourselves, show that in 2014 we are having a take no prisoners approach.

Carlton finishing 6th may be a blessing in disguise, not only will they have to play 2 top 6 teams twice, they have to play us as well (top 6 on form last year). So out of the 5 teams they play twice, 3 are potentially top 6 teams.

Essendon finishing 9th, correct me if i'm wrong, only have to play 1 top 6 team twice, which we already know is Carlton (9th on form last year). We also play Collingwood and Richmond twice, leaving 2 other teams to play twice being teams that finished outside the 8 next year.

Meaning we don't play anyone from the top 5 last year twice.

Also I would expect to be playing Fremantle & Sydney in Melbourne

According to the afl site. we have a minimum of one top six double up and maximum two and the same for bottom six minimum of 1 and maximum of two.  We have 2 min -3max double ups of 7-12 teams.    Collingwood and Richmond are 2 of our 7-12 section.  Carlton is 1 of 1-6 section.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-28/full-statement-from-the-afl

From Wiki:

maybe not so ironic then - interesting.

And hence why the have foisted such creatures as  Alexander - I wear the fishnets in my family - Downer on us.

According to the afl site. we have a minimum of one top six double up and maximum two and the same for bottom six minimum of 1 and maximum of two.  We have 2 min -3max double ups of 7-12 teams.    Collingwood and Richmond are 2 of our 7-12 section.  Carlton is 1 of 1-6 section.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-28/full-statement-from-the-afl

so that leaves us with Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Bottom 6 team & random team twice.

What's the bet the random team will be either Hawthorn, Fremantle, Sydney or Geelong?