2015 AFL Draft. Spoiler: We won

Parish and Francis would be insane.
4 and 5 if done right completely ends all concerns about the sanctions.

Completely ends? Fair suck of the sav, Smithers!

Don’t get me wrong 4 & 5 would be BRILLIANT.

But, imagine if we’d added for eg, Patrick Cripps and Nakia Cockatoo the last 2 seasons?!

I still maintain that those sanctions (and the expansion clubs owning the 1st round of the draft) will bite us in the ■■■■ for a long time.

Francis did his best work in the Parish before he became Pope.
Francis has always been my first choice. Hope that if we get him we can make him fall in love with us because mark my words the Crows are playing funny buggers and have been for some time. Was speaking to a lad at the footy club who knows him quite well and there already has been offers for jobs etc for his family and the Crows will do everything they can to get him to come home at end of his first contract

Just offer his family a Macca’s franchise in Tullamarine.

You can strike off Mills, Hopper, Keays to start with, they’re all academy players.

The top mids will go through academy alliances - Parish should be available...

Not so sure, he rated as number 3 available outside the academy players on AFL. Is Brisbane get a after Fr compo then we have pick 5. Not sure he will fall that far.

No one is going to offer Luey over 500k (Frawley) so there’s no way in hell there going to get a compo pick.

Correct, pick 4 will be ours.
Reckon Parish will go at 3 though unfortunately

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-24/state-league-gems-rough-diamonds-in-the-afl-mix

Interesting looking at a few of these for our pick in the 50s

PAT LEVICKI and TOM KEOUGH two big key defenders if Mitch Brown isn’t there

Calling Aceman!!

Ha,
Patty is a ripper though. Real hard worker and has a great leap as well as a good reach so he spoils everything.
Likes to have a run and bounce and has a pretty strong leg on him. Reckon he will end up a decent player if he gets a chance

Not so sure, he rated as number 3 available outside the academy players on AFL. Is Brisbane get a after Fr compo then we have pick 5. Not sure he will fall that far.

No one is going to offer Luey over 500k (Frawley) so there’s no way in hell there going to get a compo pick.

Come the end of trade week, we need pick 5 regardless of what we package up with Carlisle. It’s not fair that we have to send anything at all with Carlisle for that pick, but it needs to happen. 4 and 5 if done right completely ends all concerns about the sanctions.

List is from more than 2 months ago. Things change a lot in that time.

Having said that Parish is the one I’d love to see at Essendon.

I was about to say, surely Partingtong is well up there now. Explains why he isn’t.

I wouldn’t draft Curnow personally, I don’t think we need another 190-192 forward, we need someone taller. If Melbourne take Parish at 3 I’d go either Francis or Milera and Weideman. If they take Weideman, Parish and Francis.

Brisbane won’t get that compo so we should get 4. Not sure he’ll fall that far. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes before Francis at 3

https://m.soundcloud.com/fiveaa/aaron-francis-road-to-the-draft

Francis on 5AA

Worshipped Hird and Lloyd.

BRING HIM IN

By what everyone is saying this kid is a must…
All he has to say in the interviews is that he want to be a bomber and he’ll be there for our pick 4.
Clubs don’t really take those risks much anymore in drafting kids that don’t want to be there.

Francis on 5AA

BRING HIM IN

Not saying he won’t be a gun, but our high draft selections involving bomber supporters haven’t really gone to plan…Davies & Kav.

And Heppell and Daniher.

Francis on 5AA

BRING HIM IN

Sounds very keen to get to the Don’s based on that interview with the commentators also alluding to the fact.

I know the draft is a lottery and anything can happen (look at Lav and Lang last year) but I am pretty confident he will be at Essendon next year.

Francis is from SA?

Not keen on seeing us spend a top 4 pick on a bloke who will be looking to go home in 2 years time…

Absolute myth. The majority of SA guys that head to Victoria dont ever come back. SA players are happy to go anywhere, the few that have returned in recent years are from Brisbane and it was the basket case club that drove them out not the location. You will find most just want to play at the highest level and are very loyal

That and they would have to live in South Australia again.

The top mids will go through academy alliances - Parish should be available…

Francis on 5AA

BRING HIM IN

Not saying he won’t be a gun, but our high draft selections involving bomber supporters haven’t really gone to plan…Davies & Kav.

seriously think francis will transition to midfield beast.

I’d be keen to know how clean his skills are on the inside.

Not sure we are far enough down for parish. Looks to be the top mid in the draft.