2016-17 List changes

very very harsh on Hams

Had heaps of time to make it injury prone and just a little rag doll ish in the contest

I thought he played pretty well when he got his chances. Would love to see the guy get picked up by another club or at least offered a spot on our VFL list

Good delistings for mine. Hams is a VFL star and contributes at AFL level i just think he is too small and would get exposed in finals. Gach, showed absolutely nothing and Dempsey was finished a couple of years ago. I’m glad the club is moving away from the good bloke policy.

Finally!!!

McGrath for Dempsey. Lock it in Eddie

Very dissapointed to see Hams go.

I can see why people say he won’t make it as a midfielder but if that’s the case give him a prolonged chance up forward. I reckon he has all the tools to be a top small forward. Hard it, good skills, and very good overhead for his size.

Hope he gets a gig elsewhere.

I like this move. Hams probably the only one that could’ve played a role well for us next year, but even then there’s still some doubt. We’re clearing out and setting ourselves up to pick up some real talent in a deep draft. That being said, the remaining spots left are pretty much free swings for us… Take a chance on some fresh blood instead of persisting with blokes who most likely weren’t going to be in our top 25 spots.

I did not see them making that call on Nyuon.

Pick project ruckman… delist after one season… ouch.

Disappointed.

Dempsey was obviously always borderline.
Hams showed a bit, and I don’t understand the thinking when it comes to Nyuon, did they just realise he was a long term prospect?

I guess we’re never recruiting an 18yo ruck again.

Did Gach lack professionalism? Surely we knew he was far away from development POV.

That’s some heavy pruning this year, all are valid though. List management should be ruthless.

Smack survives, hope he can bounce back to form. Although we will definitely be taking another ruck.

Also, the old Friday arvo press release is never good.

Only surprise for me there was Nyuon. Seems strange to draft someone like that and then only give them 1 year. Wonder if they have someone they like better lined up already.

Shocked by Nyuon. Was clearly a project player so only one year is a major surprise.

A project player needs to have some basic AFL attributes. Wow, he has a great leap - big deal! He was lacking in every other AFL skill such as finding the ball. marking, physicality etc.

Great decision by the club. Hams was never going to forge an AFL career. Nice guy and a real battler but not an AFL player now or ever. Dempsey was cooked 2 years ago for mine.

Smack lucky.

Nobody is happy to be losing these players. They are all worthy of respect and will garner sympathy. But we need to be a club that can identify talent and list weaknesses quickly and without sentimentality.

Also, the old Friday arvo press release is never good.

Yeah; seriously baffling the timing of our announcements sometimes…

Shocked by Nyuon. Was clearly a project player so only one year is a major surprise.

Between this and Eades it appears we ain’t got time for that.

Perhaps with Woosh only fresh on the scene Jackets was off the leash last year and is now being reigned in on projects?

Agree. I would have thought he was a long term project.

To me, it MUST have been something attitudinal that the club have seen that they feel will make the chances of him ‘making it’ extremely slim.

His incident during the season wouldn’t have helped. When you are taken top 5 and looking like a superstar (Hurley) a club is more lenient to things like this but when you are borderline it can be the excuse they need.

Which is tough. But I suppose life isn’t fair.

Has Nyuon has reached the apex of his career?

It’s always sad to see blokes lose their job and livelihood.

It tells a lot about a persons character when they celebrate a player getting delisted.

Good luck to all those guys that have been delisted. hopefully we invite them to continue their development in the VFL squad.

So who will be left on the rookie list next year?! lol

Rookie list A

• Jake Long???

• Wallis GONE

• Nuyon GONE

• Hams GONE

• Tippa UPGRADED

Rookie List B

• Conor McKenna (provided he doesn’t return to Ireland)

Eades is no certainty to get back on as a rookie but he may well.