2016 Draft Night Live ... Thread... buffering

This thread is approaching all time great Blitz tanty status.

This thread isn’t within cooee of about a dozen match threads from this year alone on the tantrum scale.

I know I am probably going to over the top right now, but please understand what got me through this year and the injustice we were served was what I thought to be the big pay off at the end, - a bevy of great picks in a very deep draft.

How we used them was on guys who I think we paid overs for, that don’t particularly fill any needs

I’m bitterly disappointed.

seriously, we ■■■■■■ it.
Pretty much everyone disagrees... all draft watchers are saying Essendon did very very well

I think you will find that’s not the case

Honestly, im devastated, McGrath aside I feel like we just grabbed a bunch of solid plodders.

Don’t worry mate. You’ll be right.

Feel just like Benfti… . We missed on Long and Rioli. Really disappointed.

seriously, we ■■■■■■ it.
Pretty much everyone disagrees... all draft watchers are saying Essendon did very very well

Agreed… that’s not the case.

It’s also not a ringing endorsement of it not being the case… because it’s just me, and I know Fark all.

but…

DYLAN CLARKE FTW!!!111!!!

Walk it off Ben. They might just end up being the most elite vanilla players ever drafted. No one knows right now.

Jackets has his chance at outsiders last year. Never gonna happen again.

Honestly, im devastated, McGrath aside I feel like we just grabbed a bunch of solid plodders.

Don’t worry mate. You’ll be right.

Feel just like Benfti… . We missed on Long and Rioli. Really disappointed.

Fair enough. In 5 to 10 years, plus variables, I guess we’ll find out. Or sooner.

This thread is nuts. I think we did really well. The histrionics are just stupid. Take a deep breath and get behind them

Dodoro on Begley:

“Darren Bewick sold him to us. We hope he is right”

Farking Boris has helped us waste enough of our picks.

Walk it off Ben. They might just end up being the most elite vanilla players ever drafted. No one knows right now.

Jackets has his chance at outsiders last year. Never gonna happen again.

And we delisted two of them after 12 months.

42% kicking efficiency

All they needed to see.

That’s Essington.

And how many of the 58% were in heavy traffic getting the ball forward from the middle of packs.

seriously, we ■■■■■■ it.

It’s also not a ringing endorsement of it not being the case… because it’s just me, and I know Fark all.

but…

I think we got him at a good price

42% kicking efficiency

All they needed to see.

That’s Essington.

Seriously. Do you guys have a roster to say Essington in every fecking thread or what? It’s done guys. We get it.

HEY HEY HEY… I don’t think they say ESSINGTON enough.

Without any real detail, this whole thing is heading into game day thread territory - you know, where you just say ■■■■ and Essington, etc… I look forward to the Blitzcast - after a week or so, where the laments are given context.

I know I am probably going to over the top right now, but please understand what got me through this year and the injustice we were served was what I thought to be the big pay off at the end, - a bevy of great picks in a very deep draft.

How we used them was on guys who I think we paid overs for, that don’t particularly fill any needs

I’m bitterly disappointed.

Fkg agree!

seriously, we ■■■■■■ it.

but…

I think we got him at a good price

Agreed Ben… and he does have real significant weaknesses. But as I’ve said before, I do have a soft spot for the in and unders… and he is the best in and under in the draft in my opinion.

Been a difficult night though. I think even Adrian would say that the night didn’t go the way he’d have hoped. And that means even less so for the blokes you hoped we might have picked.

Chin up though… we’ll wander over to the main board and all support the boys going forward.

Riddley and Begley…it sounds so like (Kepler) Bradley, which is giving me some chest discomfort. To be fair to Dodo, not many sliders who were high ranking mids. At least we could have grabbed Hayward but that stupid PP given to Brisbane pushed us back by another pick, which cost us. Really disappointing that one of the players like Gallucci, Berry or Florent did not slide.

We have had two second round pciks each of the last two drafts, and straight after draft it has felt so underwhelming. Hoping I am wrong and Dodo got this one right.

" I can’t believe Taranto didn’t slide to out pick 20" is that how you do it?

Still on the board - Sproule, Scharenberg, Olango, Ronke, HepA, Duman, Junker, Piper, Romensky.

Lebois, who I think could be a real gun

Rookie chance? Any hope at all??