2016 Top 10 Draft Predictions

McGoalage.

Found out today that McCluggage done some testing at the Rebels earlier in the season and posted a quicker 20m sprint time than McGrath, and is 2nd behind Berry at the Rebels when it comes to fitness.
Who would have thought.
Make of that what you will.

Wow. the poll result was not what I expected, given the way McG has been talked up in other threads.

The poll is who you think EFC will take not who you want them to.

Considering the only word from people close to the club is that we are leaning towards McGrath I’m surprised by the results.

I’d take those “word from people close to the club” efforts with a grain of salt. It’s my belief that Dodoro and Keane would not be broadcasting that to all and sundry, even in high positions at the club. I don’t think even fogdog has made any concrete statements.

I never cease to be amazed at how particularly obscure utterances from people on high at the club are twisted round to say all sorts of things. I’ve seen some wonderful misinterpretations over the years, caused by over-thinking.

Wow. the poll result was not what I expected, given the way McG has been talked up in other threads.

Considering the only word from people close to the club is that we are leaning towards McGrath I’m surprised by the results.

I’d take those “word from people close to the club” efforts with a grain of salt. It’s my belief that Dodoro and Keane would not be broadcasting that to all and sundry, even in high positions at the club. I don’t think even fogdog has made any concrete statements.

I never cease to be amazed at how particularly obscure utterances from people on high at the club are twisted round to say all sorts of things. I’ve seen some wonderful misinterpretations over the years, caused by over-thinking.

Agree and was not taking it as gospel by any means. I’m the first person to doubt the talk of GWS wanting McGrath. That said, with pick 1 tactically it does not make much difference if we broadcast it or not.

Found out today that McCluggage done some testing at the Rebels earlier in the season and posted a quicker 20m sprint time than McGrath, and is 2nd behind Berry at the Rebels when it comes to fitness. Who would have thought. Make of that what you will.

They do do this type of testing so it could well be true. It would be great to get the actual speeds.

I’m pretty sure fogdog did make a concrete statement at some point in the last week.
He said that dodoro doesn’t even know yet :slight_smile:

Found out today that McCluggage done some testing at the Rebels earlier in the season and posted a quicker 20m sprint time than McGrath, and is 2nd behind Berry at the Rebels when it comes to fitness. Who would have thought. Make of that what you will.

Bugle oil.

eoiyt],4o 5r;

And I thought the answer was 42.

You’re a brilliant man Deckham.

1. McC
  2. MCG
  3. Ains
  4. Bowes
  5. Taranto
  6. Brodie
  7. Setterfield
  8. SPS
  9. English
  10. Florent
eoiyt],4o 5r;

And I thought the answer was 42.

You’re a brilliant man Deckham.

Anytime you see that kind of thing from me, picture me with my head in my hand, shaking it slowly, and the other hand tapping randomly on keys.

I see Footy Prophet now has us taking Mcgrath at 1 and Alex Witherden at our 2nd pick, two Half back Flankers that can potentially play midfield…Gold.

I see Footy Prophet now has us taking Mcgrath at 1 and Alex Witherden at our 2nd pick, two Half back Flankers that can potentially play midfield.....Gold.
I don't get the potential for midfield for McGrath, he has proven he can play midfield. Has averaged more disposals and clearances than McCluggage yet he has the potential? Ive seen what he can do playing purely midfield and he is a gun in there and if we pick him it's to be a midfielder. Would start down back naturally much like Heppel did but will progress to the midfield and have a similar impact to Zerrett once he does
I see Footy Prophet now has us taking Mcgrath at 1 and Alex Witherden at our 2nd pick, two Half back Flankers that can potentially play midfield.....Gold.
I don't get the potential for midfield for McGrath, he has proven he can play midfield. Has averaged more disposals and clearances than McCluggage yet he has the potential? Ive seen what he can do playing purely midfield and he is a gun in there and if we pick him it's to be a midfielder. Would start down back naturally much like Heppel did but will progress to the midfield and have a similar impact to Zerrett once he does

Are you sure of that?

Are you sure of that?

Yeah was in the heraldsun when comparing their stats

Are you sure of that?

I wouldn’t get too carried away with McGrath’s possession stats. From what I have seen he likes the old one two play (where he handballs and runs past for the get back) a la Gary Ablett. Not saying that’s not good play, but it inflates the possession numbers.

Are you sure of that?

I wouldn’t get too carried away with McGrath’s possession stats. From what I have seen he likes the old one two play (where he handballs and runs past for the get back) a la Gary Ablett. Not saying that’s not good play, but it inflates the possession numbers.

So does clug

I have a sinking feeling Disco will pick McGrath

I’ve felt like this all along tbh, without the sinking feeling. Although I would prefer Clug. Main reasons:

• Our historical emphasis on ‘leadership’ and ‘character’
  • The Robert Shaw link

Can you please elaborate?

Are you sure of that?

Shows he works hard to receive, inflate or not he still wins a lot of the ball and will continue to do so at AFL level
I have a sinking feeling Disco will pick McGrath

I’ve felt like this all along tbh, without the sinking feeling. Although I would prefer Clug. Main reasons:

• Our historical emphasis on ‘leadership’ and ‘character’
  • The Robert Shaw link

Can you please elaborate?

Run through Shaw’s twitter feed.

I’d be skeptical, neither from Frankston