2017 Candidate Q and A

I think you’ll find the women Catherine mentioned all have public social media accounts, Abby has over 100k followers on instagram, for example. They often appear in posts together, mentioning their close relationships frequently. They were all photographed together at the recent Long Walk function, by the event photographer, which was posted on the EFC social pages and also their individual accounts. Not sure where this breach of privacy has occurred?

4 Likes

THE MEMBERS FORUM IS TONIGHT?!

I don’t think you understand, PC and KL stop AD from doing his job by hiring inept coaches.

2 Likes

No-one’s business who she is friends with. There needs to be some professionalism especially from a Board member

The professionalism came in the fact that it was basically a non answer to a direct question.

If they didn’t want every man and his dog knowing who their friends were, their social media accounts would be private.

Catherine didn’t say anything that wasn’t common knowledge.

1 Like

Hi Paul and Katie,

Well done on responding to the armchair critics!

You’ve both outlined your expertise in what you bring to the board in a business sense. I really like the idea of our board having somebody who represents the members first and foremost as a supporter rather than having business expertise - not that they need to be mutually exclusive.

Firstly, do you see yourselves as being primarily a supporter or an SME in your respective areas in what you contrinute to the board?

Can I also ask, what are your thoughts on how the club can provide a better ‘service’ for members?

Also, just to lighten the somewhat downcast mood on here who was the better player, michael werner or bradley plain. Please provide an explanation :grinning:

The expression you’re looking for is “speak about” @Paul_Cousins. Always has been, always will be.
We’ll have none of that Gill-style, business-w@nk talk here thankyouverymuch… :grinning:

2 Likes

Is there a full moon tonight?

Hey Leon.

Not sure you can’t be both, if I’m honest. I work in a mid/senior level role but I believe I’m an ordinary member, just like everyone else. I’m a silver reserved seat member. I get excitement when we draft new kids. I love talking footy and I want the cheersquad to really blow the roof off a stadium (or create a roof of noise, depending on the stadium, maybe?)

I actually love talking footy. It’s one of my favourite things to do. But I also know a fair bit about digital media, tech and comms. I also happen to be extremely passionate about society and community impact. That is the area I want to primarily drive within the club on behalf of members.

At 34 years old, I love that I can bridge the gap between members and the board. And I love that interstate and country members feel comfortable enough to talk to me about their grievances or give feedback on the club.

Also, at 34 years old, I’m going to have to go google your last question…

6 Likes

Hi Cgates.

I know Tegan a little. I’ve met Haylea once or twice and I’ve never met Jake Stringers ex-partner. I know she was a guest at the Long Walk Luncheon because I saw the EFC media team take the girls’ photo together at the media wall while I watched and subsequent posts on our social media platforms. I know they are all friends because they post to each other on their Instagram accounts which I follow.

I’m not letting any secrets out, nor am I being unprofessional. This information is available for all the world to see.

9 Likes

Catherine: I know your commitment to indigenous pathways and to the Tiwi Bombers. Would it be possible to help them get up a decent website and pics of the players? About the only reports ( apart from EFC) I get to see are negative.

I hope so. My understanding is that the club’s involvement with the Tiwi Bombers is becoming stronger, but I also personally believe we don’t want to walk in and own the place. Have to find a balance of where we can guide and help, and where we can execute. I’ll ask the question though.

4 Likes

Agree, it’s not just about me accessing the website. But if it could serve to feature a few hometown heros and role models in their own community , that might be a plus. As it is, it reaches out to nobody.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. Have to drive role models in the community and they have to stay there (or go back there).

We bought two Tiwi coaches to the club to shadow woosh and his team this season, and will do it again next season I’m sure. They go back and take learnings. Perhaps we can do the same with some people interested in media… certainly worth looking into.

2 Likes

Tap into AfL ready traineeships? it is not about the lure of becoming AFL stars.

2 Likes

What are you doing to address the lack of 5mith by the marketing department?

1 Like

I’m still working on the ‘Stringer in a Kia Stinger’ campaign. I’ll get on to that next.

5mith will join the greatest hits like:

Yess
Whatever it takes
Flashmob

Lang4d.

4 Likes

That’s really exploiting your position.