2017 EFC AGM It started with a leak

What have Collingwood done that is different to what we have.

As far as I know it is just a park that dogs ■■■■ all over.

There is no community pool, no gym, no club. What have they done well?

3 Likes

This is correct.

Wonder if the offices can be converted to change rooms?

Mind you, my theory is the whole precinct is very run down and outdated. Could bulldoze everything and start from scratch. Expensive, I know, but might just muting some much needed life back to the area.

yep pretty much that
they have knocked down most of the old walls to make it more errm accessible for said dogs/owners

basically just landscaped the ■■■■ out of it

The EDFL are already using it.

I’ve actually heard a bit more on the plans and dreams for Windy Hill… but can’t say more.

The 10 October 2017 Moonee Valley City Council meeting minutes briefly state:

Moved by Cr Sipek , seconded by Cr Sharpe that Council resolve to close the meeting to the public pursuant to Section 89(2) of the Local Government Act 1989 to discuss the following matters:

Windy Hill - Update
Item 12.1 is Confidential under the terms section 89(2) of the Local Government Act 1989 as it contains information relating to: (d) contractual matters; (e) proposed developments AND (f) legal advice.

1 Like

Never mind Windy Hill: that’s gone, just like the East Melbourne ground before it. Tulla is the future — and what is needed at Tulla is proper scoreboards and a couple of grandstands…

3 Likes

Nothing happens at Windy Hill unless the bowls club says so.

6 Likes

My in laws did that with their Hawks scarves. Now, instead of being pieces of ■■■■ it’s one big piece of ■■■■.

6 Likes

Drove past Windy Hill last night, seems the old Bomber Shop has been turned into a gym with a bunch of treadmills or cross trainers visible

Sounds like code for re-development to blocks of flats and townhouses. And a Gym, of course Simon.

So the board isn’t going to have a bar of this AFL stooge Lethlean getting anywhere near the inside of our club right? Right?

9 Likes

Didn’t know what you were talking about so I googled. Wow.

Essendon does that, which is great, but alas I’ve no idea what they are saying. Many of us would have liked to listen to what Xavier Campbell had to say about the financial result, and what Saad thought of the Tiwi Islands.

1 Like

Fitzpatrick to Corcoran : Your mate [ Hird] will never get a job in football again
Gill on Lethlean : There is no reason why he can’t get a job with a club
[ why won’t anyone look after my mate, I could make it worth your while]

9 Likes

Might get a scoreboard, but significant grandstands and hosting events out there might require a train to the airport, or significant upgrades to parking.

It’ll take a while.

I will sit and watch in the cold with my tiny EFC member blanket.

2 Likes

Moonee Valley council will probably approve a development of 1000 dogbox appartments with no car park, which will remain empty for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Without spoiling anything the Windy Hill options do not include housing. The existing underlying planning zone is quite restrictive on what can occur there.

5 Likes

Thats a relief to hear/know.

2 Likes

ESSENDON premiership player Sean Wellman has put up his hand to join the club’s board, hopeful of playing a part in the Bombers’ 17th premiership.

The 43-year-old is looking to fill the void left by Chris Heffernan, who’s announced his intention to stand down at next month’s annual general meeting.

Having previously helped the suspended Essendon players during their enforced lay-off in an unofficial capacity, Wellman believes the time is right for him to give back in a formal way.

“Me like a lot of Essendon people want to see a 17th Essendon premiership sooner rather than later,” Wellman told AFL.com.au late Wednesday.

“I think I can play a small part in that in terms of supporting the football department.”

Wellman is confident about the current list’s prospects, but believes support and knowledge from board level will be crucial to reaching ultimate success.

“Obviously adding to your playing list and adding to your talent certainly helps,” he said.

"But having been involved in football recently, I understand that’s just a part of the jigsaw really.

"I mean they’re just so difficult to win premierships now.

“The structures you put around your players, the whole football staff and administration is really important to be able to maximize that talent.”

The Bombers are back in the black – with a $15million turnaround on their balance sheet – well and truly putting the supplements scandal behind them.

And while Wellman is supportive of the club’s grand plans to expand its Tullamarine base, he believes it’s important the club puts its people first.

“Your most important resources in a football club is your people really,” he said.

“Developing your people and educating them and making sure we continually improve in the way we do things, I think is number one, really.”

Wellman is one of eight nominations for two vacancies on the club’s board of directors.

He played 178 games for the Bombers, including the 2000 premiership. He started his career at Adelaide in 1994 where he played 34 games over two seasons.

He’s currently running his own mortgage brokering firm.

More By Matt Thompson

10 Likes