2017 Fixture Leaks and Hopes

X Campbell was on SEN talking about the round 1 game this morning. Is he a robot? The man is seriously farking impressive.

X Campbell was on SEN talking about the round 1 game this morning. Is he a robot? The man is seriously farking impressive.

I noted that Xav said we did not put in a submission on Good Friday football. IMO we have the best marquee games in the competition and need to concentrate on retaining them, and in the case of the Country Game, getting it bedded down and developed . To be putting in for more marquee games could be seen as ā€œwanting to have it allā€. Thats not a good idea.

Hawks always slow to start the season

Ripe for the picking

The season kick-off is exactly what Campbell requested from the AFL - a blockbuster home game. I couldnā€™t be happier with the idea of a march to the G (again, well done CJohns) and then a massive home game against Hawthorn. How pumped are the boys going to be when they run out on to the ground in front of 80,000 people - most of them Bombers fans.

I have to say that all this talk of ā€œweā€™ll be favouritesā€ against Hawthorn in Round 1 is a bit much. I think we might win, I really do, but thereā€™s no way weā€™ll start favourites. Weā€™ll be $2.50 at best, more likely $3+.

The season kick-off is exactly what Campbell requested from the AFL - a blockbuster home game. I couldn't be happier with the idea of a march to the G (again, well done CJohns) and then a massive home game against Hawthorn. How pumped are the boys going to be when they run out on to the ground in front of 80,000 people - most of them Bombers fans.

I have to say that all this talk of ā€œweā€™ll be favouritesā€ against Hawthorn in Round 1 is a bit much. I think we might win, I really do, but thereā€™s no way weā€™ll start favourites. Weā€™ll be $2.50 at best, more likely $3+.

Cheers. Had an online discussion with Xavier on the March a few days ago and good to see the club is really behind this again. He was pretty passionate about it. Few of us will be working with Justin Rodski to get it as big as possible and hopefully get on the main stage at Federation Square. This year April 2nd fell on Comedy Festival timeslot and main area of Fed Sq. was booked. Saturday March 25th is 4 days before festival so hoping to lock down this area in the next fortnight. The momentum is crazy on this game and march. Hoping fans on Blitz can start networking in their local state or regional areas as well to get groups of fans come in by plane or bus.

My vision is when tickets go on sale that itā€™s a sell out but we have booked 70% of seats and the atmosphere is an overwhelming Essendon intimidating feel. Can Imagine a guy like James Stewart if he runs out game one going ā€œhow good is this!!!ā€ To be honest my emotion is all on Jobe and the boys coming back. Really want a passionate statement made that we never left them and canā€™t be happier and appreciative they are donning the Sash again. Media will hate us saying it but they are genuinely our heroes and canā€™t speak highly enough of them. I think we can win too just quietly. Hope to see you all at the March. Initial talks are like a 6pm type catch up at Fed Square but will keep you informed.

Big Training day announcement coming soon to watch all the players again. Likely first week of December and at a special venue. All I can say for now

Its OK to go lid off and have high hopes for the performance of the team in 2017. John Worsfold himself rates us as being a lot better towards the end of the season rather than when we come out of the blocks in Round 1.

Half the remaining key players in the Hawthorn team are 30+ and having to do yet another pre-season, in what is likely to be their final year, having done it all 4 times, they will enter 2017 with a different mindset. 2017 for Hodge, Gibson and Burgoyne will be superannuation year, and preparation for life after football. They will still be selected, but they will be going through the motions. Even so they are still good players and even when they run around at 90% its still going to be a challenge

So I think we are in for a full on red hot go at it. In 2017 the 2016 training wheels will be off and Woosha will be seriously looking to win. Every weekā€¦

I donā€™t know if itā€™s my morning coffee or what but Iā€™m about to go FULL lid off! Bring 2017 the fark ON!

Thanks CJ for your inside info. Rapt the walk is on again - thanks for that too!! We live up the country but will be down for the session to welcome the boys back - wouldnā€™t miss it for anything! Any hints re dates are appreciated for planning purposes. Thanks again. Lid OFF!!

I noted that Xav said we did not put in a submission on Good Friday football. IMO we have the best marquee games in the competition and need to concentrate on retaining them, and in the case of the Country Game, getting it bedded down and developed . To be putting in for more marquee games could be seen as ā€œwanting to have it allā€. Thats not a good idea.

side note, but Good Friday should be the grand final rematch every year. gives a few rounds for teams to get into full swing, hype to build, rewards performance with a feature game, and gives every team a chance to play it (eventually). only problem i see is if for example Essendon and Collingwood played and it was too close to Anzac Day.

I have to wait 5 farken months for this, geez

Tough one for the broadcasters. Do they pick our game or the Q clash?

And ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !!! I have my brother in laws wedding that day!!!

If he is remarrying he is not your brother in law any more, if he is not married to your sister yet he is still not your brother in law. If you mean your brother in lawā€™s brother then that that is definitely one you can pass on

Of course, I ignored the possibility you were talking about your wifeā€™s brother. Sheā€™ll understand :slight_smile:

Sheā€™ll understand? And here I was thinking that you are married.

She already threatened to divorce because she thinks that I am thinking about making a joke about going to the footy instead.

Iā€™m like seriously devastated. I know it sounds stupid because Iā€™m lid on but I was so looking forward to doing the March and get back to the footy after boycotting 12 months.

Sometimes we all have to make a sacrifice, I myself had to miss the game against Brisbane this year because my gran was turning 95.

On second thoughts that probably doesnā€™t make you feel better.

Are they essendon fans. Maybe you could convince them to do the photos as part of the throng in walk to the G 2.0

And yes I am married, I had to miss the 2011 grand final because her best mate was getting married, yeah that is another bad example isnā€™t it.

Oh I thought of one.

2012 game against Sydney, it was her birthday, she was heavily pregnant, we were 7 goals down at three quarter time and she made me leave early because her back was hurting. She learnt a valuable life lesson that night.

Straight to the hospital?

side note, but Good Friday should be the grand final rematch every year. gives a few rounds for teams to get into full swing, hype to build, rewards performance with a feature game, and gives every team a chance to play it (eventually). only problem i see is if for example Essendon and Collingwood played and it was too close to Anzac Day.

Thursday night season kick off should be the the grand final rematch, it sets the tone for the season, as opposed to the Rich v Carl snooze fest.

Tough one for the broadcasters. Do they pick our game or the Q clash?

And ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !!! I have my brother in laws wedding that day!!!

If he is remarrying he is not your brother in law any more, if he is not married to your sister yet he is still not your brother in law. If you mean your brother in lawā€™s brother then that that is definitely one you can pass on

Of course, I ignored the possibility you were talking about your wifeā€™s brother. Sheā€™ll understand :slight_smile:

Sheā€™ll understand? And here I was thinking that you are married.

She already threatened to divorce because she thinks that I am thinking about making a joke about going to the footy instead.

Iā€™m like seriously devastated. I know it sounds stupid because Iā€™m lid on but I was so looking forward to doing the March and get back to the footy after boycotting 12 months.

Sometimes we all have to make a sacrifice, I myself had to miss the game against Brisbane this year because my gran was turning 95.

On second thoughts that probably doesnā€™t make you feel better.

Are they essendon fans. Maybe you could convince them to do the photos as part of the throng in walk to the G 2.0

And yes I am married, I had to miss the 2011 grand final because her best mate was getting married, yeah that is another bad example isnā€™t it.

Oh I thought of one.

2012 game against Sydney, it was her birthday, she was heavily pregnant, we were 7 goals down at three quarter time and she made me leave early because her back was hurting. She learnt a valuable life lesson that night.

Straight to the hospital?

Lol, no. We still had about a month and bit up or sleeve

Thursday night season kick off should be the the grand final rematch, it sets the tone for the season, as opposed to the Rich v Carl snooze fest.

What happens if itā€™s Essendon v Collingwood?
Do we play them again 3 weeks later for ANZAC Day?

Soooooo what your saying isā€¦I should buy tickets as soon as they go on saleā€¦

Adelaideā€™s fixture has supposedly been leaked, we play them once, at Etihad on May 6, Saturday night Rd 7.

inb4 not playing Adelaide away? Must be fake

As much as it will probably be quite favourable to us on the whole, the first third of the year could be a tough start given that we now know of Hawthorn and Adelaide in the first seven rounds, and you can probably be sure Geelong will be in there somewhere too with the country game. The first third of the year so far appears to be something like;
R1 - Hawthorn
R2 - ?
R3 - Geelong?
R4 - Carlton?
R5 - Collingwood
R6 - ?
R7 - Adelaide

Guaranteed we will get one of the Queensland sides or Sydney sides away in round 2

Guaranteed we will get one of the Queensland sides or Sydney sides away in round 2
Port Power, please!