2017 Fixture Leaks and Hopes

As much as it will probably be quite favourable to us on the whole, the first third of the year could be a tough start given that we now know of Hawthorn and Adelaide in the first seven rounds, and you can probably be sure Geelong will be in there somewhere too with the country game. The first third of the year so far appears to be something like; R1 - Hawthorn R2 - ? R3 - Geelong? R4 - Carlton? R5 - Collingwood R6 - ? R7 - Adelaide

Brisbane at the gabba round 2

From the EFC website. Our pathetic treatment from the AFL since 1980:
However business as usual in round 2, off to the Gabba

Round one home games since 1980

North Melbourne 24

Western Bulldogs/Footscray 24

Melbourne 21

Carlton 19

Geelong 19

Collingwood 18

St Kilda 18

Hawthorn 17

Richmond 16

Sydney/South Melbourne 14

Essendon 10

To expand on the above: 14 of the last 16 years we have propped up povo clubs via away games.

Just unlucky, hey?

Big Training day announcement coming soon to watch all the players again. Likely first week of December and at a special venue. All I can say for now

Hopefully it is on a weekend, like the Xmas one they did a couple of years ago, so more people can attend.

I can then also bring the kids along, throw in some some hot weather and it will be a great day out.

To expand on the above: 14 of the last 16 years we have propped up povo clubs via away games.

Just unlucky, hey?

It used to be called the “AFL Fixture Draw”, a phrase they are careful not to use any more, because its totally rigged.

The only thing you can be sure of is the fix in fixture.

Probably BS but I saw some bigfooty posts saying we have Melbourne at Etihad in Round 6

Soooooo what your saying is....I should buy tickets as soon as they go on sale....

Or a membership.

As much as it will probably be quite favourable to us on the whole, the first third of the year could be a tough start given that we now know of Hawthorn and Adelaide in the first seven rounds, and you can probably be sure Geelong will be in there somewhere too with the country game. The first third of the year so far appears to be something like; R1 - Hawthorn R2 - ? R3 - Geelong? R4 - Carlton? R5 - Collingwood R6 - ? R7 - Adelaide

Brisbane at the gabba round 2

Happy with this as I probably won’t make it down for round 1. Wouldn’t be surprised if more EFC than Lions fans turn up at the Gabba.
Probably BS but I saw some bigfooty posts saying we have Melbourne at Etihad in Round 6

Nope.

Surely we’re storming the field when Jobe kicks his first goal against Hawthorn?

Sounds right. Seeing Anzac Day is on Tuesday and we play the following Sunday. And Melbourne plays Anzac Day eve.

Surely we're storming the field when Jobe kicks his first goal against Hawthorn?

Let’s make a huge facebook event, let’s get the word out and do this!!!

In all seriousness it would be good to have a fan lead initiative at the ground. Build like a massive banner that the crown lift over their heads with the numbers of suspended players who are playing.

Sounds right. Seeing Anzac Day is on Tuesday and we play the following Sunday. And Melbourne plays Anzac Day eve.

We don’t play Melbourne at Etihad anymore.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but story in the RAge today (I know) about Brisbane says they’re playing us at the Gabba in Round 2

In all seriousness it would be good to have a fan lead initiative at the ground. Build like a massive banner that the crown lift over their heads with the numbers of suspended players who are playing.

No.

It’s our whole footy team.

Support them all!

Fill the 'G … be loud, be united.

Could we ask for our first home game to be at the 'G every year? Do the March to start every season.

We don't play Melbourne at Etihad anymore.
We also only play Hawthorn at Docklands.

Makes sense it’s a straight swap.

Sounds super farkin lame to be honest. Go hard with your support but like Darli said, a message of unity would be better than a message of “we’re here for you guys, no not you guys, those guys”.